BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: House Vandalized  (Read 1128 times)

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
Re: House Vandalized
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Maybe a stun gun and a spear battery would be the best thing if you catch them coming back! Light there asses up good! I would hold the trigger on the stun gun till I had to replace the battery or they started to smoke!
Mike

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
I've had my apartment broken into when I was in my 20's, it ruins your feeling about being home.

Sorry you and your family is going through this.  Don't pull your gun in this situation, its not worth it.  The partial match, car description, and locale will probably end of catching them if the police have time to follow up on your report, or if the punks keep it up.
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »
Bummer man.  Sorry to see this.  I'm down in Smyrna if you need any help painting or whooping @ss.

If you haven't already might be worth installing an motion light outside the house as well.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 08:14:18 AM »
They spray painted the same stuff on a privacy fence, along with a stop & speed limit sign in a different part of the neighborhood. Every member of the HOA got an email regarding this last night. There's a lot of folks on there to keep an eye out for suspicious activity. I installed a camera with motion detection, so any movement will send me an email. So far I've gotten pictures of the neighbors dog shitting in my yard, a couple cats & what I think might be a coyote. The detective called yesterday evening for the tag/make model of the car. Hopefully I'll have some good updates to share soon.

I've just got to figure out how to get that cam to quit giving me false alarms. It picks up when the lady across from me turns on her porch light. I swear she's out there smoking every hour on the dot until 1 A.M.
Perry

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 08:21:43 AM »
They spray painted the same stuff on a privacy fence, along with a stop & speed limit sign in a different part of the neighborhood. Every member of the HOA got an email regarding this last night. There's a lot of folks on there to keep an eye out for suspicious activity. I installed a camera with motion detection, so any movement will send me an email. So far I've gotten pictures of the neighbors dog shitting in my yard, a couple cats & what I think might be a coyote. The detective called yesterday evening for the tag/make model of the car. Hopefully I'll have some good updates to share soon.

I've just got to figure out how to get that cam to quit giving me false alarms. It picks up when the lady across from me turns on her porch light. I swear she's out there smoking every hour on the dot until 1 A.M.

What kind of camera did you get? Got any links?
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »
Yep, I want that camera!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 08:33:57 AM »
http://foscam.us/products.html

This is the exact one I bought off a friend for 30 bucks. It's an indoor camera, but I was able to position it at a window that gives me a pretty good view of most of the front yard.

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI9821W-Indoor-Wireless-Camera/dp/B00AJWK5WW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392816416&sr=8-1&keywords=Foscam+F9821W

I'm looking for a permanent solution for a few outdoor cams, but we're putting out house on the market in April (not because of this), So I really don't want to spend a lot of money on one since I'll likely just let it go with the house.
Perry

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 09:43:46 AM »
I have a nightowldvr system on my house, currently at 12 cameras but can go to 16. Has a huge hd, so it records everything. I can specify zones where I don't want motion triggers, such as a neighbors house. I can view all cameras remotely on my phone, iPad, or computer. Works great. I did bust he mail lady smashing into my trash can, and got footage of the neighbor driving her car into my neighbors pool. All cameras are wired and I have 1 pan and tilt cam as well on an automatic sweep

Sent from the ether
Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
and got footage of the neighbor driving her car into my neighbors pool

Do tell!

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:26 AM »
Damn, Josh, that is bad ass.  I'm too lazy and too fat to wire everything, but a few cameras would be nice to have.  Did you outsource the installation?  If so, what is a rough dollar amount for that setup, including installation?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »
As for the old lady and pool, here is the video from that. Luckily her door was open or she would have died. Car sunk quick. This was the same day that white water caught fire a few years ago. Neighbors got a new pool. Luckily my wife was not there as she was supposed to be in the pool that day, but was home taking care of me after i crushed my shoulder on a dirt bike incident. Even more amazon, the lady missed the house and a tree by inches on both sides, i couldn't do that sober in reverse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5HH3AvS0NA

I started with an old computer adding 2, 4 port dvr cards.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PCI-DVR-4CH-Channel-Security-Camera-Video-Capture-Card-/111168555248?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item19e22988f0

Had 8 cameras running on that system, but the footage was laggy and i wasn't very happy with the interface. Just like the video in the video above.

I ran those cameras with the cheap cables and power supplies that they came with. Video quality was ok, mainly due to the crappy cables carrying the signal, plus i had 8 power supplies to contend with.

Finally I got a night owl dedicated dvr system. Originally these were very expensive, but came down in price and quality went up big time. The one i purchased is similar to this newer unit.

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Owl-Security-LTE-DVR16-16-Channel/dp/B009KG8Q1K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392827432&sr=8-3&keywords=Night+Owl+Dvr

I just made sure it had real time video, and a hard drive installed. It kind of acts like its own server, so it does it all, and like I said, I can view everything remotely, and even set up email, to get notified of any activity.

I purchased siamese cable,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BLACK-1000FT-BULK-RG59-SIAMESE-CABLE-20AWG-18-2-CCTV-SECURITY-CAMERA-WIRE-/121037255411?pt=US_Surveillance_Cables_Adapters_Connectors&hash=item1c2e61f2f3

Stay away from using cable like this, the video quality really does suffer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100ft-CCTV-Siamese-Security-Camera-Video-Power-BNC-RCA-Cable-with-Connector-/370996006628?pt=US_Surveillance_Cables_Adapters_Connectors&hash=item566115cee4

connectors, to connect the cable to the camera and to the dvr (you need two for each camera line)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNC-Male-to-RCA-Female-Connector-for-CCTV-Siamese-cable-wholesale-lots-lot-/181246292223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2a331ef0ff

and started getting higher quality cameras off of Ebay, Sony 1/3 ccd, night vision, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW700TVL-Sony-Effio-OSD-195ft-Outdoor-Bullet-Surveillance-CCTV-Security-Camera-/291002802017?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item43c11e5f61

My neighbor is good with wiring and I learned how to solder really well during this project.
 Instead of using individual camera power supplies, i picked up a 16 bank power supply box, so I only have one plug into the house, and can wire each camera to the box instead of separately. Much nicer and cleaner install.

Similar to this, i got it on ebay pretty cheap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Channel-CCTV-Security-Camera-Power-Supply-Box-12-V-DC-16-CH-New-/120980671332?pt=US_Surveillance_Cables_Adapters_Connectors&hash=item1c2b028b64

I bought mine used, its a lil dented, but does the job and i maybe paid $16 for it.

It is pretty easy to do. You can add the dvd, and a camera or two easily, then expand as needed.

It took a little trial and error to figure out where I wanted to place the cameras, but I now have every angle of the outside, including the front door covered.

My main reason for doing this is that my office is in the basement with no windows, and I get a lot of deliveries for work, so I wanted to see when the delivery guy was here.

Then we had some druggies stealing christmas packages from houses during the season, so that bolstered my reasoning. I have room for 4 more cameras, might do one or two in the kitchen to watch the dogs while I am out.

I am lazy and fat too, but got this one done //BEER//

Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »
wow, did it damage the pool concrete and all, how was the car extracted?

Nice setup...

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM