BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sheriff's JeepFest 2014  (Read 22252 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Sheriff's JeepFest 2014
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2014, 01:25:58 PM »

Out here waiting in line for jeepers alley. There is another jeep with a broken axle on the trail now, being dragged out

whats the deal with all the carnage?  Is it just basic math of that many jeeps being out and a small percentage breaking? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jeep on 37s was on a Dana 35 and a low pinion Dana 30, so poor setup.  Too much wheel speed is my guess for the yj. 

I had a lot of wheel speed too, with a very heavy tire wheel combination, but I'm running chromoly shafts up front in a Dana 30hp and full case locker.  I also had my green lights on and Choke attached to the rear gate, so I'm sure that helped.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2014, 01:27:56 PM »

Out here waiting in line for jeepers alley. There is another jeep with a broken axle on the trail now, being dragged out

whats the deal with all the carnage?  Is it just basic math of that many jeeps being out and a small percentage breaking? 

No requirements for trails and too many inexperienced drivers on slightly more difficult trails. There is nothing there that SHOULD break an axle as long as the driver knows how to drive. JMHO.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »

No requirements for trails and too many inexperienced drivers on slightly more difficult trails. There is nothing there that SHOULD break an axle as long as the driver knows how to drive. JMHO.

That makes sense...

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »

I also had my green lights on and Choke attached to the rear gate, so I'm sure that helped.

Just when my nightmares of Choke - and his squeaking - had faded..... //LMAO//

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Warren

• Visitor
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2014, 02:34:32 PM »

That makes sense...

Exactly. No one broke on my ride, but people started panicking when the jeep in front of them had to back up and try a different line. This resulted in people trying to nail it up and over the ledge. It was a small ledge with exposed roots. Not hard, but there is no spotter and as mentioned before experience levels varied widely.
Chris, Kassie, Kaitlin

Offline Griffin928

• Visitor
  • 2004 New to me !!
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »
My Dad (72) and my daughter (11) and I (age not important) just left Jeep fest and had a blast. We spent time on two trail rides and the vendor tents... found a great local sub shop for lunch and money all went to a good cause... proudly displayed my CORE stickers on my Mossy Oak Jeep and my ultra cool Georgia Trail Riders hat which I have learned I like better on backwards with the GEORGIATRAILRIDERS.com front and center... only shortfall is it would have been real cool to have bumped in to other GATR members while there.... looking forward to seeing all at GATR fest.
Rob
2004 Wrangler X

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »

How much?  I have been considering those as well but don't want to fork out 375 and then another 40 for the flicker suppression thingys.
I paid 399 including harnesses, north ridge has the same deal with free shipping

Sent from the ether
Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »

That makes sense...

Exactly. No one broke on my ride, but people started panicking when the jeep in front of them had to back up and try a different line. This resulted in people trying to nail it up and over the ledge. It was a small ledge with exposed roots. Not hard, but there is no spotter and as mentioned before experience levels varied widely.

Unless it changed drastically over night, there is no way more than 10% of jeeps could walk that creek ledge.  Speed was needed...but maybe at different starting points in the climb. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2014, 06:12:05 PM »

I was told that home base will be at a different location next year. They've out grown the current location.

1156 registration as of noon.

Offline kullas

• Visitor
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2014, 10:25:37 PM »
My wife and I had a great time. We rode sackets bend today one muddy hill climb and some ruts and 2 creek crossings. I guess im still a noob when it comes to trails but we didnt have any problems and quite personally was expecting something a bit more being a intermediate trail. In our group i was the only one with a cb (thanks to GATR requirements) I dropped to the rear so i could let the leader know everyone was clear.
The hill climb was muddy when i tried it and i was declined making it to the top. Today was redemption day  //;D//

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2014, 04:33:24 AM »
Me and Megan had a blast this weekend.she loved the trails and meeting my gatr friends.she passed my test lol.its good to be back on hard trails.give a shout out to Clark,kent,Mack for helping out at camp site.gatr family! My carnage for the weekend.my rear air locker pump is not working anymore,the power relay went out at the safety  box.clark thanks for letting me clean it.

Zack

Offline Warren

• Visitor
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2014, 06:25:39 AM »

That makes sense...

Unless it changed drastically over night, there is no way more than 10% of jeeps could walk that creek ledge.  Speed was needed...but maybe at different starting points in the climb.

They may have dug it out after your run Saturday. I had to wait for a tractor to pull out the jeep Sunday morning, so he may have altered it. I had my go pro running on that trail...if I can find some time to edit it
Chris, Kassie, Kaitlin

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM