BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: PARTS  (Read 1512 times)

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
PARTS
« on: May 05, 2008, 06:56:53 PM »
where is a good place to get rock rails some lift parts and some body armor.. and some other things for Specs so i can ride with u all... any where i want the armor and rock rails to be metal keep that in mind...

THanks!

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: PARTS
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:51:53 PM »
where is a good place to get rock rails some lift parts and some body armor.. and some other things for Specs so i can ride with u all... any where i want the armor and rock rails to be metal keep that in mind...

THanks!

A to Z fabrication makes some nice (and fairly priced) 3/16" rock rails. They've got other armor too. Check out there site:

http://www.atozfabrication.com/catalog/jeeptjwrangler19972006rockerguards-p-2.html

What kind of lift are you wanting to run?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:55:19 PM »
like 2' body then maybe 4' suspension with like 33' Mickey t's

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »
You don't need 2" body and 4" suspension for 33's.  You can run 33's on a 2" budget boost and 1" body lift.

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:00:58 PM »
well i want nice clearance b/c WHEN i go off-road i want it to be no problems... and if i come riding with yall... i want to keep up!...  {toast}

Chris Hyde

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »
Well, like I said, you can run 33's on 3" of lift.  Having 6" of lift isnt gonna make you "keep up" any better than with the budget boost if you are running 33's.  You'de be better off getting a tummy tuck along with the BB if you want clearance since most TJ's hang on the belly more than anything.

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 10:05:47 PM »
#1 Tummy tuck?..
#2 if thats all i need for places like atena and tellico what would be an investment as well as these minor adjustments

Chris Hyde

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
#1 Tummy tuck?..
#2 if thats all i need for places like atena and tellico what would be an investment as well as these minor adjustments

Tummy tuck consists of moving the transfer case up and using a high clearance transfer case skid.  You generally gain about 3" of clearance, but will also need an SYE and CV driveshaft in the rear to help get rid of the vibes from doing the lift and tummy tuck.  Another good investment or two is front locker, steering upgrade/tie rod and differential covers.

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 10:14:42 PM »
May i add im 17 in Hs and work at pizza hut?...lol im not to rich i can do the normal things but since im on piss poor pay... its hard to get a new drive shaft ... they are pretty pricey... from what i know..i mean i spend.. like 80% of the time on the road.. so.. upgrades that will allow me to kick ass off-road but yet be able to drive to school and stuff to..

Chris Hyde

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 10:20:42 PM »
Yeah, being in HS and working for PastaHut probably is the best combo for driving a Jeep and especially not for wanting to mod one to be capable in semi-aggressive off roading.

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »
i mean im getting help from my dad when ever i want a mod.. its just i have to buy the tires and the Suspension lift and what not...

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »
ya know i just want to be able to off-road and still have a bad ass TJ my friend tuckers jeep is awesome.. and his wasnt that bad... but his dad did it all so he just drives it and doesnt know whats on it... so im kind of lost at this point..

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM