BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Never wheel alone, and always have your tools!  (Read 589 times)

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Never wheel alone, and always have your tools!
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:29:54 AM »
Living in Hiawassee, it's quick and easy to go find a trail.  Sunday I went to the store, then on the way back I decided to go to Trey mountain, by myself.  Not a big deal, it's Trey Mtn!  Just as I get to the first rutted out part, something felt funny, get out and see that my wheels are pointed in different directions.  Saw that I had a bent tie rod, no cell reception, no tools.  I managed to get through all the ruts and up the rocky part with one wheel straight and the other turned in. Made it up to the big mud hole and decided to take the road that dumps you out closer to Hiawassee.  Being on the gravel road allowed for me to slide around at about 10 mph.  I was hoping the tie rod  wouldn't break.  Made it to the pavement finally.  It was like driving on marbles.  I knew the pavement would be worse, and it was!  Truck jumped all over the road and I had to do 7 mph, that was the "controllable speed" anythubg slower it jumped from left to right, anything faster, was just stupid. .  Pavement was wet, so that helped, but tire was squealing at me as I drove the 15 miles back home.  It was like driving on marbles on ice.  I was going slow enough that if it broke I could still stop quickley.  What should have taken an hour, took 5.
  I learned my lesson!

That is supposed to be straight
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:36:48 AM by Cannonballkev »
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Never wheel alone, and always have your tools!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »
in all seriousness glad you were able to make it back.
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:03:58 AM »
I think the front TAG sums it up.  I'm glad you got home safely.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »
I found these people alone on trey when it was snowing last year. Lucky I found them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 07:40:24 PM »
I think you need a alignment.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 10:46:30 PM »
I found these people alone on trey when it was snowing last year. Lucky I found them

Did you use your cell to call AAA?

Just kidding. 

i would like to know what in the hell he did to end up that effed up at that spot; Surely it isn't like he just slid off the side, he had to have turned into it.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:31:48 PM »
Yep, it was bent
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »

Just kidding. 

i would like to know what in the hell he did to end up that effed up at that spot; Surely it isn't like he just slid off the side, he had to have turned into it.

I just took the picture and left to make it look like I knew what I was doing....

In all honesty, the whole situation was sketch. It was a girl driving her husbands truck and he wasn't there but she was with 3 other guys. Don't know the whole story but the truck was wedged against a tree and she told me to pull it off the mountain no matter what the damage was.

Offline Gerund

• Visitor
  • Jerald -- Lawrenceville
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 11:26:19 PM »
It was a girl driving her husbands truck and he wasn't there but she was with 3 other guys. Don't know the whole story but the truck was wedged against a tree and she told me to pull it off the mountain no matter what the damage was.

That had to be an interesting conversation when she finally got home. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:30:05 AM »

Just kidding. 

I just took the picture and left to make it look like I knew what I was doing....

In all honesty, the whole situation was sketch. It was a girl driving her husbands truck and he wasn't there but she was with 3 other guys. Don't know the whole story but the truck was wedged against a tree and she told me to pull it off the mountain no matter what the damage was.

Speechless

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 04:14:58 PM »

Just kidding. 

Could have something to do with the fact that they are out there on a donut tire .  I'd say it was Trumps fault but this was a year ago so that couldn't be it.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »

Just kidding. 

Speechless

no @clark123456 , Hiawasee.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM