BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Crawling For Reid March 22-24 2019 AOP - Pictures, lies, stories and carnage.  (Read 5662 times)

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Clark don’t feel bad you weren’t the only one!

Whew...I feel so much better :)

Many thanks to Zack for not freaking out during the flop.  It should be noted that the UCF dudes that rescued us were freaking awesome...as are their products.

Many, many thanks to Drew, Zack, John, and Rob for the mechanical work and recovery of the vehicle...lots of leg workouts on Friday morning.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Looks like everyone had a great time for a great event. My wife wasn't feeling well so I didnt come.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had the same exact issue with my wife being sick and having to work late Thursday and Friday, which didn't help. I really hated to miss this ride. I'll plan to take off on Friday again for next year. It seems to work better.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Had a blast on Saturday. We rode for about 6 hours by ourselves and hit almost every blue and green trail in the park. The xj did awesome. Need to do a little more fender trimming and it will be 100%.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
Anybody have any updates on the roll over Friday night??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last I heard was that both people were in stable condition.

The woman was released Saturday morning. They both had lap belts on but no shoulder belts.
Marty

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Awesome times and event. The amount of people was mind blowing! We filled the main lot and both overflow lots. Friday night the main lot was completely full. Traffic was backed out to the hwy on Saturday to get in! I am ready to see some numbers on what we did for the event. Thanks to everyone who helped and volunteered to work. Everything went off without a hitch that I know if. My highlight was seeing Clark on a 4 wheeler in an orange work vest... working!  [slammin] I have a few videos to post when I get them uploaded.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor

The woman was released Saturday morning. They both had lap belts on but no shoulder belts.
Do you know the lady?
Bobby

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
What it’s supposed to look like and the broke side. Got fender off the tire and ready to trailer. Can't figure out how the he'll this could happen. Must have been weakening for a whilw.

all due respect , Randy ; th "how it's supposed to look " side also appears to have some weakening welds up & under there from the looks of the picture.

That looks as if they made the mount by bending the plate rather than welds.  More likely a stress fracture.
It is bent, not welded

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I grabbed a look at mine (Artec), since mine are similar, but there is quite a bit of difference in the setup.  Later today I'll take some photos to show you what the ones I have are like.  For now, you can go here to see how the current Artec ones are shaped:  https://www.artecindustries.com/shock_towers
Randy - those shock towers could have come from rugged ridge. I can't remember.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Your stress crack is on a weld seam not a formed section. The mounts appear to be Barnes4wd.

https://www.barnes4wd.com/Frame-Shock-Tower-Pair-_p_306.html
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.

Do you know the lady?

It is one of my friends friend. He was there when it happened and went to the hospital with her.
Marty

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER

Do you know the lady?

It is one of my friends friend. He was there when it happened and went to the hospital with her.
Thanks for the update, Marty.  That's great news...I didn't expect that outcome.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
I had a great time meeting you guys this past weekend. 
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
They just released drew. We’re getting him back home now. All is well with him!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for him everyone.

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM