BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9923 times)

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #288 on: April 01, 2020, 09:41:59 PM »
How many ppl here work in a business that is considered essential? Just about everyone I know is. It’s kind of crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #289 on: April 01, 2020, 09:59:51 PM »
Agree.
"Here at Ace Hardware,  we are  there to help serve our community during this time of crisis."

I didn't realize that paint, weed killer, lawn mowers & grass seed helped flatten the curve.
We need to get the word out. Lol

Seriously,  I'm glad to be one of the lucky ones that has a job to bitch about.
I just loath working 60 hours a week.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2020, 10:21:48 PM »
My company (Aerospace) was deemed essential  but some our customers where not. With some of them shutdown hindered us shipping products out so that with our CEO wanting to protect our employees is why we shut down.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #291 on: April 02, 2020, 06:19:45 AM »
I have been watching the daily numbers https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

The Rural counties #'s are really starting to increase. Dekalb, Cobb, and Fulton have more testing sites so the numbers of people being tested is increasing. I am curious what the margin of error is because there are a lot of people being told to stay home that they haven't tested.

Hopefully, the testing is getting more accurate as well. They were saying the earlier test were only 30% accurate.

A friend of mine that's a researcher sent me this daily chart that allows you to see the timeline.
https://covid-19.direct/state/GA

I hope its better than 30% though, my Doc did warn me about False Negatives.
That's a great site.  I had been using the one John posted, but I like the new one better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #292 on: April 02, 2020, 06:20:28 AM »
Its all stupid AF IMO. 80k died from the flu last year in the US alone, and it didnt shut down shit. People are soft, and we are letting the government dictate, (entirely unconstitutionally i might add) how we are living our lives and making our livings.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, Flu season runs between October and May and CDC estimates that between October 1, 2019 to March 21, 2020 there has only been 62k estimated deaths related to flu. Also, according to the CDC the flu only has a mortality rate of less than .1%, COVID is currently running at a 5% mortality rate so we'll have to wait and see where COVID deaths reach in a 7 month run.

*EDIT* The current US mortality rate is only 2%, which is still more than double the .1% of the flu.

ONLY 62k lol my bad. My main point was the fact that we are letting them dictate our lives for an unknown length of time from now, ruining small businesses and the economy. Unfortunately the mortality rate is worse because the grand ole USofA is fatter, lazier, and more out of shape than the rest of the world and this virus is hell on your respiratory system. I wasnt trying to argue, maybe just shed a little light on a shit subject in a dark time in a topic labeled "dont panic" ... Yall have a good day at the house, I gotta work my 40-60 for my employees and my own $$$. Maybe better for me to just stay away from the forum for a while honestly, seems my opinion varies too far from the sheep herd.
Justin, the government is gonna pay you and your team to not work...it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to get paid to work on your Jeep.

@clark123456
The problem with small business loans is they are "Loans" they have to be paid back. Small businesses will be screwed.

@Trailabite
aren't you a Chief Estimator? are decimal points inconsequential at your company?  [poke]
Not completely true.  The ones in the latest bill can be forgiven, thus becoming grants (I.e., almost free money).

I think only forgiven if they are used for payroll, if they use the $ for anything else, its a loan and they have to pay it back.  thats what I read.
-- i could be wrong, but thats what im reading.
That's right...get paid to not work.

https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/success/small-business-sba-loans/index.html

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #293 on: April 02, 2020, 07:49:53 AM »
I guess call me stupid and soft then. At this point I don’t care if my rights are limited or not, if it saves my parents lives or your parents it’s worth it to me.
100% agree.  My Mom is at high risk in NH and my daughter is also at high risk.  I can’t remember a time when I was as stressed out as I am every day worrying about my parents and my children. Anyone that doesn’t think this is a serious health crisis is not paying attention. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:42:23 AM by jd30005 »
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #294 on: April 02, 2020, 07:54:34 AM »
How many ppl here work in a business that is considered essential? Just about everyone I know is. It’s kind of crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I design industrial air filtration systems for hygiene production lines and we received a letter from one our customers (Georgia Pacific, Proctor and Gamble, or Kimberly Clark) saying that our equipment is vital in their production line and we need to stay open. Anyone who can is working from home, but there are still some people going in who don’t have the choice (fab shop and assembly guys).

My fiancée is in the aerospace industry and they contract with the DoD, so you know that’s not getting shut down. She’s been going in to work the same as usual. She said traffic from Buckhead to Kennesaw is amazing!

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #295 on: April 02, 2020, 08:03:12 AM »
I have been watching the daily numbers https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

The Rural counties #'s are really starting to increase. Dekalb, Cobb, and Fulton have more testing sites so the numbers of people being tested is increasing. I am curious what the margin of error is because there are a lot of people being told to stay home that they haven't tested.

Hopefully, the testing is getting more accurate as well. They were saying the earlier test were only 30% accurate.

A friend of mine that's a researcher sent me this daily chart that allows you to see the timeline.

thnks for tht link, Jimbo.

up here in Nashville things are as hectic as everyplace.
I feel truly thankful for being able to work , albeit a lot , still.
My wife is also able to work from home .
we're on 2nd week of voluntary SIP , knowing mandatory is coming .

...I am concerned w/ how many kids in our neighborhood that I still see running around , playing w/ friends.
I feel bad but our two kids haven't been with others in 2 weeks. They neither want to , thankfully.
it's crazy how many folks just seem to ignore the recommendations.

On another note , my conspiracy theory spidey-sense tingled at this video...

/>

not sure how long they'll leave that up. it's almost painfully logical & underlines what I suspected within the 1st week of all of this.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:18:00 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #296 on: April 02, 2020, 08:32:21 AM »

thnks for tht link, Jimbo.

up here in Nashville things are as hectic as everyplace.
I feel truly thankful for being able to work , albeit a lot , still.
My wife is also able to work from home .
we're on 2nd week of voluntary SIP , knowing mandatory is coming .

...I am concerned w/ how many kids in our neighborhood that I still see running around , playing w/ friends.
I feel bad but our two kids haven't been with others in 2 weeks. They neither want to , thankfully.
it's crazy how many folks just seem to ignore the recommendations.

On another note , my conspiracy theory spidey-sense tingled at this video...

/>

not sure how long they'll leave that up. it's almost painfully logical & underlines what I suspected within the 1st week of all of this.
Jesus i'm dumber for having watched that. So this guy takes literally 1 PIECE of a sentence out of scientific report and calls it a smoking gun. You can even read the text above and below the line he has highlighted showing how out of context he's taking it. People sharing shit like this is exactly part of the problem.
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #297 on: April 02, 2020, 09:08:33 AM »
This is another interesting site with projection data and some interactive elements to drill in by state.

http://covid19.healthdata.org/

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #298 on: April 02, 2020, 10:04:34 AM »
My company is "Essential" I have the "Letter" on my Dashboard, in case the Po Po wants to pull me over.
We make Handrails and are considered infrastructure.
We have contracts for State and Federal Facilities.

Honestly though I can see the Gub'ner trying to curtail Essential Businesses to a limited specification.
Right now everyone that is working can be considered Essential in some way. We will see what he says at 4pm.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #299 on: April 02, 2020, 10:27:14 AM »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM