BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico After Ride 11/8/08  (Read 2411 times)

BigJerm

Tellico After Ride 11/8/08
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:38:49 PM »
Had a good ride today. Took TJ in a stock JK X and Seth in a stock LJ up 6, all of 4 and 8 from 4 to the top off Slickrock. Took a break at Fains Ford for lunch. Never did get a chance to meet back up with the big guys but from the little I heard on the CB it sounded like some other rigs were broke down on the trail and I think I heard at 1 point Mark broke a drive shaft.

Only damage us stock guys had is right at the very end of 4 meeting back up with 1 the last few rocks TJ cut the side wall on his passenger side tire. It is the stock JK tire and they are known to have weak side walls.

Anyways, good to meet you TJ, Seth and Glenn. Bill did you ever make it up? We ran into the other JK group but didn't see you with them. Ill get my very few pictures up soon.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:40:34 PM by BigJerm »

BigJerm

Re: Tellico After Ride 11/8/08
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 11:31:57 AM »
Ok here are my few pictures. Everyone post a link to your photobucket so I can upload them to the GATR photobucket later.
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/JermTib05/Tellico%2011-8-07/

Slick Rock:

This is TJ's JK

And here is Seth's LJ

And what would be a trip without a picture of Mike?

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:20:26 PM »
Looks like you all had a good time. I can't wait to wheel there.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

mdo817

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:12:16 PM »
We didn't get to many pictures, Donna got mad at camera and was over it. We had a great time and I can't thank everyone enough for all the work they did to get through the rest of the trail and back to the cabin. I found one of the weak links in the XJ going up school bus, the rear u-joint had straps instead of u bolts. I pulled the shaft and got winched and drug a lot the rest of the day. Mike L found out what it was like to wheel with a 4 thousand pound anchor. Thanks again guys. Here are the few pictures that we shot. Can't wait to see everyone elses pictures.

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/mdo817gatrailrider/

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
I guess that would explain why yall were not done by 4! Is that the only break yall had? I got under the Jeep today, put a long shallow dent in the gas tank skid plate, got some good wacks on the passenger slider and other various hits along the skids.

Good pictures. Just remember this ledge at Fains Ford is closed. That is the reason for the big rocks on it.... Makes no real sense to do that seeing that it is a park full of rocks so why use rocks to block off a ledge... Anyways it is closed so don't try and climb up it! Good for pictures though on the top like that.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »
Good pic's Mark.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
Who's blue TJ Rubi?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »
Glenn's friend Terry. Pretty nice looking rig but didn't get to see it on the trails.

mdo817

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 04:51:18 PM »
Who's blue TJ Rubi?

Jerm is right, it works well on the trail also.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 07:02:47 PM »
Jeremy-
  Wish you could have stayed the night. I will get my pics/vids up shortly. Good seeing all of you again. We sure worked the sh** out of them winches!!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
I'll get my photos up later, justtaking a break, still have to get unloaded and run the trailr over to storage. 

Terry in the Rubi from Charlotte on the 36's brought his daughter Savannah, who spent time with our girls, and we headed off across 1 this am to see the falls over towards Tellico Plains. 

We stopped at the fish camp as my high lift mount had broken somewhere at the top bolt and was floppin around about to fall over,
(Ben did the cables at guardrail catch it that bad to snap my steel mount on the Fab Fours bumper?) ,
 when someone saw that Terry's TJ was pouring our gear oil, we though from the tranny.  he turned around, and we back tracked him to Murphy but never saw him on the way out, but he is home now, and all is well.  He thinks it's the transfer case. 

Carnage.  Always some carnage.  I hate that part.  >:(

More later, we're all wiped.

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »
Jeremy-
  Wish you could have stayed the night. I will get my pics/vids up shortly. Good seeing all of you again. We sure worked the sh** out of them winches!!

I wish I could have to. Next year I am going to attempt more overnight trips. Driving up wheeling and going home same day sucks.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM