BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Anybody into the whole RC crawler thing?  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BigJerm

Re: Anybody into the whole RC crawler thing?
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »
Haha these things are so fun! So I took super glue and locked the front and rear diffs and seeing that it is IFS it does not affect steering. Then I did some messing around and got a lot more flex with a little cutting here... shaving there... Now I either need to figure a way to lift the body up to allow the flex or cut the body... Pictures

Before any work was done flex. This is rear wheel, one 3 tires and the other rear wheel is just a touch off the ground:

After a little work... 4 tires, a 9v battery and all 4 wheels on the ground:

It could go all the way but the motor power wires would pull tight if flexed the other way...

ghostdancer308

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 11:59:32 PM »
Man-
  You are out of control Jerm!!!LOL! The sites Larry put up have a few good ones. Maybe a future purchase for me just not on the damn credit card!! :'(

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 06:41:46 AM »
what credit card... Jerm dude you have to much time on your hands.... I would change out the springs.. get some bigger ones. and those orange plastic pieces change those out with some thing else that is stronger... when you do that make sure the space is bigger.. your lift will come with that..

BigJerm

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »
haha Glenn I did it while watching 24, took about an hour to do total.

Mike, wish i could but believe it or not all that orange stuff is the only lift out there for the Xmods... I am sure someone could make one but I lack the skills for all that. Seems the common thing to do is bigger tires and body lift to clear the tires. The body is hollow so it keeps the COG around the chasis and doesn't get to tippy...

The only thing I dont like is the 4x4 system. The motor is on the rear wheels and through a series of gears and a long drive shaft that runs through the chasis the front wheels are powered. Problem with this is if the rear wheels get jammed on a ledge the front can’t turn independently to pull it over. Since there is no slippage in the system if the front wheels get jammed on something, the back wheels can’t turn either.

BigJerm

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »
cheapest, most fun toy I have ever had. I ordered some new gears and metal bearings to replaced the worn out cracked plastic ones and they should be here soon. So for a total of less than $50 I get to have some fun. Then when I am done I can sell this thing for probably a $100 or more because they don't make this model anymore or the lift kit!

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 12:01:39 PM »
Looks like your playing with your Budget Boost to me :D
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »
lol I don't think I could sell it for quite that much... Maybe though... cant find one of these Hummers for less than $99 now days, $50 for the rare lift kit, and then add in the rest of stuff.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »
Walker Evans bead locks, hell yeah!!!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline cesrocks

• Visitor
  • Hells Gate Wheel Stand
    • Gettinright
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
I have a modified TJ from Wal Mart online store. My buddy and I have been playing with them for a couple of years.

It is a lot of fun.
If you are going to be Stupid you better be Tough!

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »
Bought one of these today.   ;D
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax10artr/
I have rolled it about 50 times already.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

ghostdancer308

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 02:02:14 AM »
Sweet!! Larry, did you build it from the ground up or did it come complete? Total price? Thanks!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM