BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 51695 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #648 on: July 24, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »
Alright fellas, I've lost 20 lbs recently but can't seem to lose the beer gut and the moobs. I used to run or MTB every day, but once I got the Jeep I lost interest in all other hobbies and am now completely out of shape. What should I do to get back in the swing of things?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

ranger11

« Reply #649 on: July 24, 2009, 11:15:31 AM »
quit drinking so much beer :D

come over we will run on the treadmill then hit the weights then ride bikes through the woods....

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #650 on: July 24, 2009, 11:17:16 AM »
That is not an option! lol
- Jimmy

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #651 on: July 24, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »
Alright fellas, I've lost 20 lbs recently but can't seem to lose the beer gut and the moobs. I used to run or MTB every day, but once I got the Jeep I lost interest in all other hobbies and am now completely out of shape. What should I do to get back in the swing of things?

Unfortunately, what you describe is the hardest fat pockets to get rid of. Get on a low fat diet, cut out the sugar and start jogging again - Cardio is the fastest and most effective tool for burning fat.........
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #652 on: July 24, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »
I got the low fat diet part and cut the sugar out parts down, I guess I just need to get off my lazy ass and hit the road and the ab machine, lol.
- Jimmy

ghostdancer308

« Reply #653 on: July 24, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »
Just be consistent Jimmy. It takes 21 days to build a habit. Don't do to much to fast. Chuck, never used Cryotest. I have a stack I have been using for the past 3 years and its always seemed to work for me.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #654 on: July 24, 2009, 11:58:18 AM »
Just be consistent Jimmy. It takes 21 days to build a habit. Don't do to much to fast. Chuck, never used Cryotest. I have a stack I have been using for the past 3 years and its always seemed to work for me.

Well good morning stranger!

I need to get back into the habit. I have been slacking off for the past 2 months. After I hurt my back it's been hard to get back into it. Plus work has been getting in the way.
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #655 on: July 24, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »
Howdy back at you!!
 You know how it is. Deployments are boring, so the gym is just a place outside of your room. I am still hitting it hard as well. I want to be able to come home and eat and drink beer without the worry of to much weight gain.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #656 on: July 24, 2009, 12:59:11 PM »
Hell yea!
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #657 on: July 26, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »
Man the thread is back!  ;D I have lost more weight but I have no scale. I just know that my uniforms that I was fitted for at the start of this job now fit a little loose and I might need a new belt soon! Either way now I am on a maintain weight/bulking plan. I don't want to be fat but I could care less about being defined, I just need to keep a good weight and be in shape. I went out and bought a Bowflex pretty cheap from Sears, pull up bar and I am ready to get to work Monday. Figure 4 days of work out with some sprinting, a day of running (jogging) and then surely a MTB trip somewhere in there a week will do me good.

Glad to see everyone is still at it, Jimmy welcome to the club. I can tell you right off the bat I saw some serious boob/gut shrink when I cut down on the sodium levels and loss all the water weight first. Weights help but if you cant afford a gym membership or weight equipment go buy a pull up bar from GNC (sears had it too). It wraps around your door frame to do pull ups wide and close grip, chin ups and you can use it on the floor for push ups, sit ups and dips. I think it was $30.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #658 on: July 26, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »
I pay $35k a year for a gym membership, lol! I need to start getting up earlier so I can go in the morning, thanks for the idea, I really haven't thought about going over there.
- Jimmy

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #659 on: July 26, 2009, 08:21:45 PM »
Man the thread is back!  ;D I have lost more weight but I have no scale. I just know that my uniforms that I was fitted for at the start of this job now fit a little loose and I might need a new belt soon! Either way now I am on a maintain weight/bulking plan. I don't want to be fat but I could care less about being defined, I just need to keep a good weight and be in shape. I went out and bought a Bowflex pretty cheap from Sears, pull up bar and I am ready to get to work Monday. Figure 4 days of work out with some sprinting, a day of running (jogging) and then surely a MTB trip somewhere in there a week will do me good.

Glad to see everyone is still at it, Jimmy welcome to the club. I can tell you right off the bat I saw some serious boob/gut shrink when I cut down on the sodium levels and loss all the water weight first. Weights help but if you cant afford a gym membership or weight equipment go buy a pull up bar from GNC (sears had it too). It wraps around your door frame to do pull ups wide and close grip, chin ups and you can use it on the floor for push ups, sit ups and dips. I think it was $30.

I wish you would have said something, I have a Bowflex Ultimate just setting down in my basement and could have made you a good deal on it! Good to hear that you are still diggin in. I have been slacking off the past 2 months. I pulled a muscle in my back and I just can't seem to get it going again.
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM