BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: TP - DD  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: TP - DD
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
Funny you say that jeepin jon. I actually painted them black this afternoon but did not put the trim rings back on. I kinda like the black on it but I won't be keeping them much longer... hopefully! If you still want them although painted I can work out a deal. Let me know! The mufflers are going on next week. I have a set of 40 series 3 chambers from my Monte. It should sound pretty good, and flow much better!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Drew

• Visitor
  • SPEAKA ENGRISH!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 01:53:30 PM »
I didn't even notice that it was a 5 lug.

Please say no to flowmasters. They are indeed awful on turbo applications...they are equally as terrible on N/A stuff too. This is not just an opinion - it is a fact. I actually have dyno testing to prove it! Flowmaster gained 2hp over stock, dynomax ultraflow gained 10 hp and the most torque and a straight exhaust gained 12hp and more torque but not as much as the ultraflo. Since you are going for torque I would recommend some type of straight through muffler. They also do not drone and to me have the best sound.

Feel free to pick my mind about the thing...I did a lot of reading on them back when I owned my 6.5T. Also dieselplace.com and dieseltowingresource.com are the best 6.5L sites. Dieselplace has the best archives but most of the smart guys moved over to the other board.
2000 Cherokee - "Jenna II"

GANTR Member #1

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »
Drew, what is the difference in the mufflers? Baffling? Curious! I am not fond of straight pipes though. Sound too rednecky for me. But I am non turbo 6.2. Still think flows are bad? I was going to put them on monday. I will research!

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 10:20:46 AM »
Please say no to flowmasters. They are indeed awful on turbo applications...they are equally as terrible on N/A stuff too. This is not just an opinion - it is a fact. I actually have dyno testing to prove it! Flowmaster gained 2hp over stock, dynomax ultraflow gained 10 hp and the most torque and a straight exhaust gained 12hp and more torque but not as much as the ultraflo. Since you are going for torque I would recommend some type of straight through muffler. They also do not drone and to me have the best sound.

They are called flowbastards or slowmasters for a reason! Dumped 2 chambers sound awesome behind a cammed 5.0 but thats about all they are good for.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »
dem flowmasta just make me think a cutlis or caprice is about to drive by.

just my $0.02
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »
Drew, what is the difference in the mufflers? Baffling? Curious! I am not fond of straight pipes though. Sound too rednecky for me. But I am non turbo 6.2. Still think flows are bad? I was going to put them on monday. I will research!

x2 on the Dynomax Ultra Flow. Rednecks cant afford this (all stainless) bling. The guts are way different. They do not use chambers. They use fiberglass usually. The pipe just goes straight through the muffler. The flow is much better, diesel engines are high compression and need free flowing exhaust for the exhaust to escape quickly. Chambered mufflers do not allow this to happen efficiently.

Dynomax Ultra Flow

Flowmaster

Read this article. Very good.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

ranger11

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »
Matt you forgot the link.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 09:30:37 PM »
Matt, thanks, please post the link when you can. I am not sure what is on it now. I think stock but can't tell. Anybody need some 3 chamber flows? ;D

Offline Brad

• Visitor
  • JACK IT UP!
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »
Anybody need some 3 chamber flows? ;D

what are the inlet/outlet diameters?

how much?
2000 dodge durango mall crawler

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »
Can't remember off hand, I will check today. Brand new, maybe under tha car for 2000 miles.

Offline jeepinjon

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 10:20:49 AM »
Funny you say that jeepin jon. I actually painted them black this afternoon but did not put the trim rings back on. I kinda like the black on it but I won't be keeping them much longer... hopefully! If you still want them although painted I can work out a deal. Let me know! The mufflers are going on next week. I have a set of 40 series 3 chambers from my Monte. It should sound pretty good, and flow much better!

Funny YOU say that!  I was planning on painting them black anyway!  No rush on them, we just found out we're pregnant with our first so there is lots to do around the house!  I'll keep checking here and following your build of this thing.  I have the same color interior and have always loved this bodystyle.
1977 CJ5

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 10:25:26 AM »
Yeah, you got lots to do! Congrats to you and your wife! I will let you know about the wheels once I can get another set. {toast}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM