BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: APRIL 17, 2010 OPEN RIDE AT BEASLEY KNOB - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 26018 times)

Offline Night Wolf

• Visitor
  • Jump It.
Re: APRIL 17, 2010 OPEN RIDE AT BEASLEY KNOB - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »
Hey all! Had an excellent time again!

I would be one of the folks that mentioned Beasley isn't that bad.... tho I spoke from experience last time I went with my stock TJ on 31's and open/open, in fact Ted (TJ) made it everywhere the group went as well, stock, open and on highway tires.

Ted and I left the group around 3 to go eat into town. We went back to the trails and were just going to circle them all again as they were mapped out on the GPS.

Well, we got to the very top of 93C, interesting enough is last time when we decided to go back on the trails, this is the same spot where the YJ broke the D35 axle shaft, we stayed back to run parts from the trail head and for repairs.

Anyway, we stopped at the top when we saw another group of two Jeeps, and someone said "Hey, yous may wanna watch this - he's either gonna roll it or break something!" So we stopped and watched. There was an XJ and TJ.

Turns out it was Danny from Allsouth Autosports in a custom XJ he just built, was climbing up a spot when it rolled, hit a tree, then landed on it's side with the underbody against the tree. The TJ with them had a winch, which shortly stripped out the gears and the XJ had a winch. Between all of us we managed to have enough resources to get the XJ back on it's wheels. The rear driveshaft broke so that was removed and it now only had front wheel drive, a powersteering line came off, that was fixed and it was driving on it's own power.

There were two other guys in one of those polaris ranger buggy things that said they knew a short cut to get back out, I was looking at my GPS and didn't see it, but they have rode the trails more then I. Well it was once we were at the very bottom of the mountain on the otherside of 93C, they realized they made a wrong turn. With only FWD, the big XJ had a very hard time getting itself over the steep hillclimbs. We hooked it to my TJ and I pulled him up the whole way until we finally made it back to the gravel road that leads out of the trails. It was a great way to break in the one day old tires!

I didn't get many pictures, others did and someone from their group even got a video of the roll over. He said building a cage for it was the next thing on the list, and he just painted it.

The tree that the XJ was strapped to is where it was first at before the roll

~Rick AKA Jump

'05 TJ Sport - Savvy/Currie/Clayton/UCF 3" & 33s

Offline MazdaTed

• Visitor
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »
Well dudes, this whole weekend was a blast.  I think my friend who rode with me is now looking for a jeep (same thing that guy with the pee yellow jeep did to me ;))

Once everybody left me and Rick went back to the trails, and met up with the allsouth guys, and they flipped thier cherokee.  And we helped them recover the Jeep, Rick had to pull the roled jeep up the hills (it only had front wheel drive djue to the roll).

After all that we went riding through some other mountain trails on sunday, Too bad my photobucket rejected the videos, there are videos of rick driving his jeep down a river like a quarter mile and wierding out some campers along the shore.  Some videos of rick jumping his jeep, etc.  If anyone has facebook I'll be uploading them there.

http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/mazdated/beasly/

EDIT:DANG!!! RICK BEAT ME!

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
I went up 93b and ran into a green tj with a 5.2 and one tons on trepador tires and he said they was a green xj from allsouth and a polaris rzr that had just came through and was wondering why we didnt see them on the trails. I guess this explains it!

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »
Rick, Ted it looks like you guys are getting good at helping recover XJs. {salute}
93 F-250 tow pig

RotorHead

« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »
Damn Danny, so much for the new paint and bodywork. You did say you like to leave the dents, but damn.  :o

Offline swamprat

• Visitor
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2010, 06:12:38 PM »
Hey all! Had an excellent time again!

I would be one of the folks that mentioned Beasley isn't that bad.... tho I spoke from experience last time I went with my stock TJ on 31's and open/open, in fact Ted (TJ) made it everywhere the group went as well, stock, open and on highway tires.

Ted and I left the group around 3 to go eat into town. We went back to the trails and were just going to circle them all again as they were mapped out on the GPS.

Well, we got to the very top of 93C, interesting enough is last time when we decided to go back on the trails, this is the same spot where the YJ broke the D35 axle shaft, we stayed back to run parts from the trail head and for repairs.

Anyway, we stopped at the top when we saw another group of two Jeeps, and someone said "Hey, yous may wanna watch this - he's either gonna roll it or break something!" So we stopped and watched. There was an XJ and TJ.

Turns out it was Danny from Allsouth Autosports in a custom XJ he just built, was climbing up a spot when it rolled, hit a tree, then landed on it's side with the underbody against the tree. The TJ with them had a winch, which shortly stripped out the gears and the XJ had a winch. Between all of us we managed to have enough resources to get the XJ back on it's wheels. The rear driveshaft broke so that was removed and it now only had front wheel drive, a powersteering line came off, that was fixed and it was driving on it's own power.

There were two other guys in one of those polaris ranger buggy things that said they knew a short cut to get back out, I was looking at my GPS and didn't see it, but they have rode the trails more then I. Well it was once we were at the very bottom of the mountain on the otherside of 93C, they realized they made a wrong turn. With only FWD, the big XJ had a very hard time getting itself over the steep hillclimbs. We hooked it to my TJ and I pulled him up the whole way until we finally made it back to the gravel road that leads out of the trails. It was a great way to break in the one day old tires!

I didn't get many pictures, others did and someone from their group even got a video of the roll over. He said building a cage for it was the next thing on the list, and he just painted it.

The tree that the XJ was strapped to is where it was first at before the roll

dude i just saw that jeep at allsouth, and i was wondering wth happened

Offline TonkaJK

• Visitor
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
HERE IS PART 2!!!  It is in HD (You Tube didn't mute it!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV60bacrLcE

Offline Rockinwrangler

• Visitor
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
I was wondering if we were going to get trail badges for this ride.  If we do I would like to suggest this emblem for the picture with Beasley Knob included with it somewhere.  It will be a ride I will never forget. 

BEASLEY KNOB
     04/2010

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A well built rig is one that is road worthy after a day on the trail"

Offline GARover

• Visitor
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2010, 09:38:02 PM »
lol x2

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2010, 10:40:05 PM »
I don't know if they're doing TB's anymore.  I know they haven't made Choccolocco Badges yet.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:11:03 PM by TedderX »
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »
I think ben was going to design some when he had a chance.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

RotorHead

« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2010, 12:39:23 PM »
Just checked out the videos. Nice job. They were cool. I didn't have any sound on the first one, but it could have been me.

What camera and editing software are you using? Any complaints?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM