BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: I am back!  (Read 837 times)

BigJerm

I am back!
« on: September 05, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »
Meg and I agreed after the last Jeep we would only consider buying another 1 if it was an LJ. I am not just what it is about it but we both love the looks of the LJ. It has the room but has the old jeep design that I love. Anyways, its an 06' with 14,010 miles when we drove off the lot (after i got them to pay the truck off). Looks like a parking lot toy with all the chrome. Not a spec of mud under the hood or scratches under the jeep. From what I can tell it has the following mods:
-A Procomp lift (springs and shocks)
-Body lift
-15" MickeyT wannabe beadlocks
-35" procomp tires, the 4 on are decently worn, the spare is new
-A spare tire carrier that bolts to the body
-Chrome front and rear tube bumpers, chrome grill and chrome tail light protectors, oh and chrome side steps...  :P

The chrome will eventually have to all go for bumpers, and rock rails. I would like to drop the body lift as well if I can do some flat fenders not to lose the clearance. Anyways, here I am, with another Jeep.

mdo817

Re: I am back!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 05:57:07 PM »
Welcome back Jerm, still time to make RR. {toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 06:38:11 PM »
wish i could so i could see everyone and enjoy my favorite place to wheel but I work that weekend. I work every other weekend and my vacation time is pretty much spent with the wedding and honeymoon coming up so I guess I will just make it when I can. Looks like all i need is a new CB to meet the trail requirements.

ranger11

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »
Looks good. And welcome back. Now its time to change the avatar. {toast}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
 {toast}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 08:34:55 PM »
Congrats  {toast}
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 09:02:36 PM »
Quick question. I noticed the tail gate is a little pulled out at the top. Can that spare tire carrier hold a 35" or is it the problem? I thought maybe the owner had the 35" on the stock carrier and it happened but I dont know much about the aftermarket one on it now.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
An addict can't stay clean long :D
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
That's grat Jerm. I love the LJ's too. Perfect wheelbase for a modeate built daily driver.

+ think 33 is max for the tailgate, so mayybe move it inside for now, and let the 1st mod be the rear tire carrier bumper.

BigJerm

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
I went searching and about all I could find was the product on Quad

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12203_01_07.htm

It says it can hold the 35" so I am going to try and adjust it tomorrow to see if thats the issue. I would love to save the cash and not have to do a rear bumper/carrier combo if possible. i just want to get rid of all the chrome!

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 10:49:37 AM »
My tire carrier holds a 35" & a hi-lift. I havent noticed any pulling what so ever. Its a rugged ridge carrier, that mounts to the tailgate.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »
I went and looked at is this morning. First, the bolt holding the adjustment arm to the carrier is missing the nut so its not even tight. Also the whole tailgate looks pulled out, not just the top but it isnt much and it still latches, locks and makes water proof seal so I guess all is good for now.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM