BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Will it fit in my garage?  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Will it fit in my garage?
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 06:23:59 PM »
Stick with the 35's if you want to drive it...

I don't know why you're trying so hard to scare him into 35s, but there's really no reason to justify a 35 over a 37 for this setup? He has the gear to pull the tire, and you wouldn't notice the difference between a 35 and 37. Unless trimming a Rubi is that scary to you, but you'll do worse than that to it the first time she sees the trail  :D 

Call if you need any help with it, Seth.

And food for thought; with a 17" rim, 37" KM2s weigh 2 pounds more than 35" MTRs, and are exactly 2 inches taller.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
Stick with the 35's if you want to drive it...

I don't know why you're trying so hard to scare him into 35s, but there's really no reason to justify a 35 over a 37 for this setup? He has the gear to pull the tire, and you wouldn't notice the difference between a 35 and 37. Unless trimming a Rubi is that scary to you, but you'll do worse than that to it the first time she sees the trail  :D  

Call if you need any help with it, Seth.

And food for thought; with a 17" rim, 37" KM2s weigh 2 pounds more than 35" MTRs, and are exactly 2 inches taller.

Well Willy....  :D

Not scarin, but sharin...

It's just my opinion, and trying to offer good heart felt advice from my expensive experience, from what I've read, and from what others have told me.

I have owned a JK on 40's with 5.38's with a Superchips on 93 octane program and premium gas,
lived JK for 3 years,
read more JK threads than anybody ever should,
talked to a lot of JK guys,
and if it's a daily driver that might be used on the road,
most mature owners are very unhappy with 37's.

A daily driver on 37's is not family conducive for comfort, power, access/height, etc.  Even in a JKU.I think if Seth's wife's car is in the shop and she needs to drive the JK with the daughter, she can get in and go anywhere and drive with comfort and relaxation.  Very doable in a JKU on 35's.  

It's not only the weight, or the gears, but also the weak 202 hp motor behind an auto that jeep gifted us with.

If I get another JKU, it will have max 35's so I can drive it to Jeep Beach or Moab, wheel it, and drive it home.  But I'll trailer it anyway, lol.  I built my JK for Tellico, and they shut it down right after the first major mods were complete.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »
Seth, I don't think this black JKU on 35's looks wimpy at all.  Looks nice.

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »
That's all just meet in the middle get a 36". LOL
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 09:11:01 PM »
We should all just stop posting online and sell our junk.

Sent from a smart phone, duh!
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:12 PM »

{no}

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »

x2.

As soon as you decide to modify a vehicle, no matter how much, you can't complain about drive-ability.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »
This might be fate http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/2555240684.html
Dude said he would take $1500 for 5 mounted but never driven on 37" km2s.  Although I am contemplating getting the wheels and staun beadlocks too and just selling them.  I'm thinking I could probably get $800 for the 5 wheels and beadlocks.  I am supposed to go over tomorrow and look at them.  Also I measured the actual distance between the soft top and garage door and I have a solid 10" so I should be good.  Go full retard???
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:23 PM »
Dude said he would take $1500 for 5 mounted but never driven on 37" km2s.  Although I am contemplating getting the wheels and staun beadlocks too and just selling them.  I'm thinking I could probably get $800 for the 5 wheels and beadlocks.  I am supposed to go over tomorrow and look at them.  Also I measured the actual distance between the soft top and garage door and I have a solid 10" so I should be good.  Go full retard???
I read that craigslist post...if the wheels were for a 2004 Rubicon the bolt pattern won't fit your JK.  At least without a spacer/adapter.

Edit:  just noticed you said you would sell the wheels

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2011, 10:08:49 PM »
Call Albert 1st. I think he can do $340 each on those. But ya gotta pay tax, but you can get the warranty too.  Looks like a good deal on the tires and they are 36's! 
Nice compromise.   Haha
 {toast}

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13:18 PM »
Seth
I think I want to change my mind....I say go retard, 37's all the way. Then we can all see how yours does on the road with the 37's.

If you can get a deal on those KM2's you won't be risking that much. Shoot, if you don't like them you could probably sell them for what you had in them.

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 10:20:56 PM »
Dude said he would take $1500 for 5 mounted but never driven on 37" km2s.  Although I am contemplating getting the wheels and staun beadlocks too and just selling them.  I'm thinking I could probably get $800 for the 5 wheels and beadlocks.  I am supposed to go over tomorrow and look at them.  Also I measured the actual distance between the soft top and garage door and I have a solid 10" so I should be good.  Go full retard???
I read that craigslist post...if the wheels were for a 2004 Rubicon the bolt pattern won't fit your JK.  At least without a spacer/adapter.

Correct.  I confirmed with him that they are 5 on 4.5s.  I thought about running adapters but honestly I like the stock wheels and would rather run them.  I don't know if I would want to try to fool with those internal bead locks or not.  I think I would just sell themwith the wheels.

Edit:  just noticed you said you would sell the wheels
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM