BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Bank of America  (Read 826 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Bank of America
« on: September 30, 2011, 09:55:39 AM »
I am about to close my account with these  :fu( due to them about to implement a $5 a month charge to use the debit card. Seriously... do these companies not get that we are struggling enough to keep the lights turned on and food on the table??? I am getting sick of all this crap. Maybe I should bury my $ in the backyard like the good old days...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/29/pf/bank_of_america_debit_fee/
I've grown tired of this.

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
Re: Bank of America
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:59:54 AM »
Good Luck Ben everybody is charging for a debit card fee.

I just switched from wells fargo cause they were the first to start charging.
I am currently with BOA and have thier premium account which they told me would not be affected by the debit card fee. Since there is a $25 charge for the account each month already. But I dont pay that fee its included in the special agreement I got
Don't know what I got anymore...

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
Thats why I stay with the small banks so I don't have to pay all those fees of the large chain banks.
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »
I heard Clark Howard the other day and he suggests going to a credit union as they do not charge fees. I already have an account with Ga Power so I will be moving all of my stuff over to them. Credit unions are the way to go... or so it seems. But yes, it seems every company is charging an additional fee for something. But I am just fed up with getting the same service for everything and now paying more... for WHAT?! So some fat A business suit jack wad can buy another yacht with my hard earned $. Even netflix is bending people over with their new prices and seperated system. Between the gov't and these companies, how is the average blue collar guy supposed to stay ahead? >:(  It has gotten ridiculous over the past few months.

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »
All these fees come directly from the government. You do realize that right? Think about it, the fees that private business were assessed for the debit card usage was 44 cents. The gov't decided that was to much for a business to pay. WTF?? the gov't should get their hands out of the private sector. Business have learned how to increase the cost of items to cover for that fee. So we are already paying for the 44 cents and didnt even realize it. So now the banks were used to that extra 23 cents and are going to have to make up for that money some how. They will find a way whether it be debit card fees or some other bullshiot fee. Watch by the middle of next year every bank will charge a monthly fee to use a debit card. It will just become the norm.

Mike,
       Small town banks are the worse when it comes to fees. Do some research and you will see, That is unless you have lots of money tied up in there bank. Credit Unions ARE the way to go if you ask me. I just do not like that they are not very convenient to me most of the time. I mean my Publix credit union is in Norcross and that is the only one in the state of Georgia! So you just kind of have to decide which is more important. Gas or a little $5 a month fee that is hardly noticeable.

Offline jeepinjon

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »
^^^
Ed Zachary.

Plus the gov. changing what the banks charge for overdrafts.
1977 CJ5

Offline unwantedstray

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »
I just read that in the NY Times this morning. I will be moving everything over to my Delta community credit union soon.
Zack Gilbert
2005 Rubicon "Agent Orange"

Richard

Re: Re: Bank of America
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »
All of my banking is done through the local credit union. I pay nothing for debit or checking and have decent rates on my loans with them.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »
Yeah, credit unions are far and few between compared to banks. I have one 2 miles from the house so it will be great for us. I hardly use my debit card as it is as I pay cash for about everything. Bad part is, I think alot of businesses are moving away from accepting cash. I had a place tell me they did not accept cash the other day while trying to pay a bill WTF. What has happened to this country is just sad. Went from simple ways, to ridiculous. I bet 80 percent or more of americans carry no cash and use the debit/ charge for everything now adays. My dad always told me, "If you don't have the cash to pay for it, you don't buy it" Save up and buy it. Man, if I would have taken that advice 20 years ago!  ::)

Richard

Re: Re: Bank of America
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »
Yeah you would be renting a house and driving a beater. Some things are meant to be financed.

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »
Haha I agree with you Ben. If only I would have listened to the Old Man.

With that being said I do not carry cash. With the exception of an emergency $20.
I have 2 bank account set up. One gets the majority of my money and that goes to bills.
Then I have another account set up with a predetermined amount that is directly deposited into that account. Which I only use to pay for food gas and groceries. When it hits zero I guess its time for the Ramen Noodles. Kind of an easy electronic budget. At the end of the month whatever is not used goes to the savings account. Just and idea I use that I should share.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:51:58 AM »
Richard, I honestly wish I was renting and not owning right now. I also have 3 paid for vehicles and will NEVER have another car payment. I recently found my contract for the Jeep while rummaging around in the shed. I ended up paying $35,000 for the damn thing! After the vehicle price, roll in amount and percentage rates. I almost shiat myself knowing I had paid that much for a jeep. I refuse to pay any additional payments for anything anymore. If I do not have the cash, I do not buy. May sound old fashioned but I am literally less than 2 months away from being debt free. Now that will be an awesome feeling. It is way too easy to get yourself into $ trouble today with all the sign up and get the card free deals etc. Banks and credit companies are praying on the young and stupid. I had to learn the hard way and am pulling myself out of an enormous hole that my wife and I dug for ourselves. Once out, that's it. I could give a shiat less about fica, credit and whatever scores. All a bunch of horsepoop anyway.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM