BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Staying in Shape 2012/2013  (Read 7313 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Staying in Shape 2012
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »
I've gained like 10lbs. Next week it's back on the bike and eating better again. Just been busy as heck and tired to boot  //RUNNIN//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2012, 04:52:35 PM »
Just do what I do.  lost 43 lbs. over the last 2 years, gotten off blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds.    Kickboxing  FTW.  plus u get to punch stuff, its a good way to let go of stress.  :)
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BigJerm

« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
I am down in 220's now according to my scale. I moved it around the house to make sure it was reading right on a level floor...lol. I did finally start working out again (at home) and my back doesn't hurt much anymore. Today my Colonel told me to go get new uniform pants because mine look like clown pants now.

Larry, careful with that muscle... it can last a while if not properly rested and healed.

Ben, I keep saying ill put the bike rack back on now that I have a spare tire carrier... still have not done it.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »
The bike is where it's at for me. I burn 1000-1500 calories every ride. Hard to beat that in an hour and a half!

off grid post

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2012, 09:44:55 PM »
3 weeks to the day with a pulled groin muscle.  Can't jog any faster than a 10 minute mile, was doing 7:30s. Going back to jiujitsu tonight and going to workout with as much caution as possible.

Leg day tomorrow morning going to be lifting at 10% of normal weight and working my way up slowly.

Take it slow Larry. Back when I was still playing baseball, about 8 years ago, I pulled my groin and I never really let it fully heal. Took me a year to get right.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
3 weeks to the day with a pulled groin muscle.  Can't jog any faster than a 10 minute mile, was doing 7:30s. Going back to jiujitsu tonight and going to workout with as much caution as possible.

Leg day tomorrow morning going to be lifting at 10% of normal weight and working my way up slowly.

Take it slow Larry. Back when I was still playing baseball, about 8 years ago, I pulled my groin and I never really let it fully heal. Took me a year to get right.

That's what she said...

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »
Have any of you guys looked into doing a Tough Mudder Challenge?

I was checking it out and they will be in GA on April 6, 2013. Would anyone be interested in doing this as a team? I was thinking something like a 6 man team might be cool. Whadda ya think?

http://toughmudder.com/events/georgia-2013/

Anyone ready to sign up yet?
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »

Anyone ready to sign up yet?
A little to much for $$$ to run a race for my blood. I like the warrior dash because it is half the price.

Well my weight had went up to 250 since I was hurt. Been easing back into everything. After 3 weeks of a good diet I am back down to 240 and should keep dropping. Going to try and ride this all the way down to 225 or less.
Still nowhere close to my groin being healed but I am able to do a little more each week. Probably going to be end of December before I am 100%.

How is everybody else holding up?
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2012, 01:01:06 PM »
That one is expensive for some reason. I'm signing up for the one here MN, I can get the early sign up for $85.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline SweetPea68

• Visitor
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
Wow..this thread is totally awesome..read BigJerm's post and he was talking macros and such and I knew this thread was for me. I read thru it all!..I think it's great to see so many people interested in losing weight and getting healthy! and some gaining weight! Big muscles!! Also, great to have the support of family and friends. A big thanks to my hubby(mrmike) and my 2 great sons who all push me to keep going.
I learned the macro talk from bodybuidling.com and it really helped to get my diet in check..When I say diet, I'm not referring to the restriction of calories. That's what I used to think when I heard that dirty 4 letter word. Now I realize diet is what you eat, what you feed your body to get thru the day and giving your body the right combination of protein, carbs, and fat. My diet is high in protein, approx 130 to 140 gr per day, fat 35 to 40 gr, and carbs 70 to 75gr. I'm 44 years old and have lost 110 pounds according to the scale, but I have also gained muscle so I believe I have lost more fat pounds, just the scale doesn't tell me that. I have been maintaining at about 170-175 for the last 6 months or so and really want to get back to losing..Just needed a break and well with GATRFEST this weekend, ummm guess Monday is a good day to get started..lol
Come'on guys...how are you all doing on your journeys? having setbacks, progressing as planned, need a new workout???

BigJerm

« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »
Welcome to the thread. it has died off but seems everyone is still doing well. I workout when i can, usually body weight. I watch my food Mon-Fri, take it easy Friday night and Saturday (without going crazy) and sunday i bring it back down some. Seems to work for me. I dont really track and measure my food anymore. I lost the weight and not in the weight room right now so it isnt as needed right now.

Offline SweetPea68

• Visitor
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
That's great that you achieved your goal..I kinda figured with it being holiday season, losing weight is the last thing on people's minds. I don't really need to track daily at this point, as I know what combinations of food I need to eat. It's when I hit that sticking point, I start tracking again and usually find that I have been going over, usually tidbit snacking or even just food tasting when cooking.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM