BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176335 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #1200 on: December 06, 2015, 05:21:53 AM »
I just finished up a full egr delete. The tuner "deleted" them, but I pulled the coolers and blocked everything off.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #1201 on: December 06, 2015, 06:07:45 AM »

I just finished up a full egr delete. The tuner "deleted" them, but I pulled the coolers and blocked everything off.

What does that do for you? I have heard of the "delete" but never really have know what it really does to the truck

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #1202 on: December 06, 2015, 09:05:34 AM »
That's a low mile 7.3! How hard is it to change being on the bottom?

The pump was not too bad to change. I mentally prepared myself for it to be a PITA but it wasn't that bad once I got into it. Spent about 5hrs, working slow due to being during "quiet hours" at the house (I use to not be a fan of detached garages...now I am).  Once you get the coolant resi, fan and fan shroud out of the way there is a good amount of room to work. Only bad thing is if you don't have a top side creeper like me then you spend a lot of time standing/kneeling on the front.  I forgot to see about renting a fan removal tool but I was able to use vice grips wedged against the block and clamped to the lip of the pulley in order to allow me to back the fan threads off. So no other special tools other than a torque wrench of course were needed.

Being on the front it wasn't as bad, but when I had to do turbo work a few months back that sucked working at the back of the engine valley under the cowl.

Doesn't it have a lifetime warranty if ford did it?

After you posted this it got me thinking, so I went back to the paperwork to see- 12 month 12,000 mi warranty listed. As stated parts carry manufacturers warranty but not sure about what it is for the motorcraft pump.  The new pump has a lifetime on the part, so if I can remember that and find the receipt I hope I can get a replacement in 5 or so years when I probably have to do it again.

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #1203 on: December 06, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »

What does that do for you? I have heard of the "delete" but never really have know what it really does to the truck

Maybe I am paranoid but, we need a code word to talk about deletes online.  //LMAO//. Being part of the emissions control system and all.

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #1204 on: December 06, 2015, 10:05:52 AM »
So why pull it all off since the tune "deleted" it? Didn't trust it? Do you have a 6.4 or a 6.7?

Good to know Scott. My OBS isn't quite and compact are the SD's since I don't have an inter cooler up front. Just a pain to constantly find something comfortable to stand on and work. It's borderline more uncomfortable than working on the Jeep.
Will

94 seXj

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #1205 on: December 06, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »
EGR recirculates a portion of the exhaust back into the cylinders.  Plus side is that it provides some cooling and reduces pollution.  Minus side is that it slightly reduces efficiency as there is less O2 for combustion.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1206 on: December 06, 2015, 05:24:24 PM »
So why pull it all off since the tune "deleted" it? Didn't trust it? Do you have a 6.4 or a 6.7?

Good to know Scott. My OBS isn't quite and compact are the SD's since I don't have an inter cooler up front. Just a pain to constantly find something comfortable to stand on and work. It's borderline more uncomfortable than working on the Jeep.

From reading it cuts it off for the most part but it's still better to pull it all. I have changed the exhaust to mbrp a while back with intake. I have head studs for it, but that's for different days and a lot of time. It had 2 coolers leading into the intake. Should have seen the crap it was putting back into the engine. Almost like oil sludge.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #1207 on: December 06, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »
Did you pull the cab for the exhaust?
Will

94 seXj

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1208 on: December 07, 2015, 02:10:15 AM »
Did you pull the cab for the exhaust?
No, I did from the down pipe down. Easy pretty much.

There are wite ups for the 6.4 on doing head studs with the cab on. While easier to pull the cab it can be done cab on. After reading that it is better to pull the heads, new head gaskets, and maybe a resurface I decided not to do them now. I was going for the remove one bolt replace one bolt deal.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1209 on: December 07, 2015, 06:41:31 AM »
Well, it looks like I'll be working today...came into the office and there wasn't a few million dollars on the desk.  Maybe next week.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1210 on: December 24, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »
I don't see it being less money... At least not substantially less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
then they will fail in the same way the Titan has failed for the last decade.

- Torg

I just MSRP'd a Titan XD with similar stuff to what I have in my Ram...$62K.  No way will they succeed with that vehicle unless they heavily discount it.  It's relatively ugly, and can't compete with the big three for power, even with the Cummins.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1211 on: December 24, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
Mall of ga has 85 screwed

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM