BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176680 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2184 on: April 05, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »
Plane landed late and now Hartsfield is in a shutdown for lightning.  Ugg.

And got on the plane and runway is closed again. Atleast I paid for a 1st class upgrade and getting drinks and breakfast served.  It is pouring and heavy lightning here.

I aint gonna lie, drinks or not, id be a little nervous sitting there in a metal bubble
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #2185 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
Only been called for jury duty once...... The Grand Jury! Once a month for four months... I will admit that it was interesting but a real pita to schedule around.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #2186 on: April 05, 2017, 11:31:02 AM »

And got on the plane and runway is closed again. Atleast I paid for a 1st class upgrade and getting drinks and breakfast served.  It is pouring and heavy lightning here.

I aint gonna lie, drinks or not, id be a little nervous sitting there in a metal bubble

Fly enough times and it's hard to get nervous. Becky hates flying, I always remind her that the pilots won't take off if it's not safe. Odds are too crazy to worry about. And if something happens, then I feel like it's just your time to go.

I was getting ready to fly home from Kansas one time a few years ago. A few hours before leaving I ended up see some crazy tank looking thing, so I stopped to see it. Turns out that it was the guys from Storm Chasers...chasing a storm! Then it hit me that I'd be taking off in that later. There was a flag pole at the airport moving around in the wind. Still took off and lived :)
Jay

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2187 on: April 05, 2017, 12:32:26 PM »

Does your co allow you to purchase or pay upgrade fees to 1st? What are the parameters?  I'm international only, if the cost is too high we use points and no mileage credit so that hurts trying to keep the status.  its a game in itself. 

Everything here goes thru our agent and she must be on a savings incentive program, so it always the cheapest.  If you don't have status you're screwed, and never a upgrade on these fares even though I'm Diamond 2mm miler. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:33:22 PM by Doug »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2188 on: April 05, 2017, 12:44:33 PM »
Jury duty in Gwinnett for me April 17th.  Crap.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #2189 on: April 05, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
When I was working only international was biz class, but most of the domestic fares then were possible upgrades.  I used to fly Airtran to Chicago frequently and could upgrade for $25 space available.  It's only a 90 minute flight but was still worthwhile.  FF miles have suffered severe inflation since then.

Now Southwest is my first choice, Delta second with miles, American 3rd.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2190 on: April 05, 2017, 01:23:51 PM »
When I was working only international was biz class, but most of the domestic fares then were possible upgrades.  I used to fly Airtran to Chicago frequently and could upgrade for $25 space available.  It's only a 90 minute flight but was still worthwhile.  FF miles have suffered severe inflation since then.

Now Southwest is my first choice, Delta second with miles, American 3rd.

Southwest f'd me when they destroyed AirTran.  I used to upgrade to business class every flight for less than $100. 

I pay personally to upgrade when I can.  I only get the Orion every so often.  Given that I just landed and was on the plane for 4.5hrs for a 1.5hr flight it was a good choice. 

I agree with your assessment Jay.  Only time I've got concerned was when we hit turbulence landing and did a stop and go.  Crosswinds in Orlando that day were horrendous.  We circled for over an hour and didn't have fuel for much more.
A touch and go in a commercial airliner would get my attention, too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2191 on: April 05, 2017, 01:31:39 PM »
When I worked at SAP they had (and still have) a policy that allowed you to book business class on any flights 4hr+ as long as you had completed 2 8hr+ flights. It reset each year. So, everyone would book their trips to Germany in Jan/Feb to satisfy the 8hr trip requirement and then you could book biz class for the rest of the year.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2192 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:42 PM »
Some nice person took my email and has signed me up for every damn news, offer, and whatever the hell else. Absoulty killing my in box. Getting mad.   

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2193 on: April 05, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »
Some nice person took my email and has signed me up for every damn news, offer, and whatever the hell else. Absoulty killing my in box. Getting mad.   

Oh, sorry bud...I meant to do that to Don.

Just kidding...that sucks for sure.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2194 on: April 05, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »

Lol.

Just got Ski bears of CT newsletter sign up.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2195 on: April 05, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »

Lol.

Just got Ski bears of CT newsletter sign up.

LOL...it's funny, if it isn't you.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM