BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176612 times)

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3084 on: December 15, 2017, 08:21:52 PM »
The FCC vote transferred ISP/internet regulation to the FTC.  Until we see what regulations the FTC comes up with the Net Neutrality issue is much smoke and little flame. 

One thing is pretty clear from recent events.  It's easy to get everyone in the minority party to be against anything.  Getting a majority party to agree  on anything is a lot harder.  Seems Rubio, Lee, and Corker got sweeteners on the tax bill just like Nelson and Landrieu did for the ACA.
Was Rubio fighting for the poor man that already doesn't pay taxes?
Yes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
And me. Thanks Rubio!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure you understand how what Rubio is fighting for works, or you make much less than I think you do.

I probably make much less than you think I do....... I just budget well. Lol

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #3085 on: December 15, 2017, 08:25:36 PM »
According to CNN the internet was suppose to end yesterday.   I guess no one will see this post.  :(

You may be eating those words if net neutrality is ended. Unless you want the governments input on what you see online.

Wikipedia :
Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge differently by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or method of communication.[4] For instance, under these principles, internet service providers are unable to intentionally block, slow down or charge money for specific websites and online content.

Which meant netflix (who championed neutrality) who has bandwidth-sucking HD content would be treated the same as your grandma's recipe blog.

"Neutrality" was devised by billion $ corps to protect their brands and pad their bottom line, not to protect consumers. Now that comcast/att/et al can change their pricing structure, expect more competitive rates and spending on internet infrastructure to to increase, and all while smaller startups can enter the market and compete directly with the providers

Until Netflix has agreements with telecom companies to prioritize it's traffic so your netflix bill goes up to pay for that as well as it takes you 20min to get grandma's recipe blog becuase she can't pay for the prioritized traffic tier.  This is all a sham to make telecoms more money and it will NOT make things cheaper for the consumer.
Netflix just went up anyway, prior to net neutrality being repealed. I have a hard time believing that competition will somehow create this massive ISP conglomerate monopoly that's going to slowly jack up rates and box all poor people out of the internet. I also have a hard time believing that anything king Obama touched will somehow benefit me at any point. My health coverage continues to rise in cost and I was just informed that I'll be forced to cover an extra 10% of my health expenses......

Do you think healthcare (actual service costs) will cost the same in 2018 as they were in 2017?

To be honest, I don't know. But that's not where my frustration lies. Before this whole thing began, I paid a little more to have a "Cadillac" plan. Once everything went into effect, the "regular" plans that I was offered cost even more than the Cadillac plan I had and have progressively covered less and less. I don't work for a company with a health plan, and every time  I've looked into it for us, we don't have enough employees for it to be cost effective. My out of pocket expenses are through the roof, I'm just looking for some sort of relief.

I suggest you take another look. I’ve been gathering quotes from all the big companies and you can do it for as little as two employees and even save a little money while getting better coverage. With that said I’m gonna go back to not reading this thread. Y’all have fun and I will see you wheeling.

I'll do that, it's been about 12 months since we checked into it. My boss just got fed up and said f*** it.

So far united healthcare is the cheapest w best coverage

Our biggest hurdle is that we don't have a consistent number of full time employees. 

All you really need is two. Offer Insurance to anyone who has been there longer than 6 months.

And it doesn't matter if they are full time or part time?

That I’m not sure if but I thought you mentioned full time people no staying long.

Oh yea, yes. Then my boss and I should cover the minimum immediately. Thanks for your help dude!!!

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3086 on: December 15, 2017, 08:36:59 PM »
According to CNN the internet was suppose to end yesterday.   I guess no one will see this post.  :(

You may be eating those words if net neutrality is ended. Unless you want the governments input on what you see online.

Wikipedia :
Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge differently by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or method of communication.[4] For instance, under these principles, internet service providers are unable to intentionally block, slow down or charge money for specific websites and online content.

Which meant netflix (who championed neutrality) who has bandwidth-sucking HD content would be treated the same as your grandma's recipe blog.

"Neutrality" was devised by billion $ corps to protect their brands and pad their bottom line, not to protect consumers. Now that comcast/att/et al can change their pricing structure, expect more competitive rates and spending on internet infrastructure to to increase, and all while smaller startups can enter the market and compete directly with the providers

Until Netflix has agreements with telecom companies to prioritize it's traffic so your netflix bill goes up to pay for that as well as it takes you 20min to get grandma's recipe blog becuase she can't pay for the prioritized traffic tier.  This is all a sham to make telecoms more money and it will NOT make things cheaper for the consumer.
Netflix just went up anyway, prior to net neutrality being repealed. I have a hard time believing that competition will somehow create this massive ISP conglomerate monopoly that's going to slowly jack up rates and box all poor people out of the internet. I also have a hard time believing that anything king Obama touched will somehow benefit me at any point. My health coverage continues to rise in cost and I was just informed that I'll be forced to cover an extra 10% of my health expenses......

Do you think healthcare (actual service costs) will cost the same in 2018 as they were in 2017?

To be honest, I don't know. But that's not where my frustration lies. Before this whole thing began, I paid a little more to have a "Cadillac" plan. Once everything went into effect, the "regular" plans that I was offered cost even more than the Cadillac plan I had and have progressively covered less and less. I don't work for a company with a health plan, and every time  I've looked into it for us, we don't have enough employees for it to be cost effective. My out of pocket expenses are through the roof, I'm just looking for some sort of relief.

I suggest you take another look. I’ve been gathering quotes from all the big companies and you can do it for as little as two employees and even save a little money while getting better coverage. With that said I’m gonna go back to not reading this thread. Y’all have fun and I will see you wheeling.

I'll do that, it's been about 12 months since we checked into it. My boss just got fed up and said f*** it.

So far united healthcare is the cheapest w best coverage

Our biggest hurdle is that we don't have a consistent number of full time employees. 

All you really need is two. Offer Insurance to anyone who has been there longer than 6 months.

And it doesn't matter if they are full time or part time?

That I’m not sure if but I thought you mentioned full time people no staying long.

Oh yea, yes. Then my boss and I should cover the minimum immediately. Thanks for your help dude!!!

Exactly and then if you do get a decent worker that does a great job and works full time you can offer that to them and from my understanding the only increase is their actual premium.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #3087 on: December 18, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »
Anyone get caught in the atlanta air port cluster F*** ?  several folks in our office got stuck. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #3088 on: December 18, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »
Anyone get caught in the atlanta air port cluster F*** ?  several folks in our office got stuck. 

My parents were scheduled to fly in to Atlanta yesterday around 2 fro Philly. Their flight was delayed and deboarded in Philly so my parents got a hotel for the night and hope to get a flight back today.
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #3089 on: December 21, 2017, 11:17:32 AM »
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #3090 on: December 23, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »
Eating this tonite 9 lbs off goodness

Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3091 on: December 23, 2017, 10:17:57 AM »
If you extra FSA money, get out there and spend it!  You can buy OTC drugs with it, but most of them require you have a prescription.

I am trying to spend my excess FSA money, but spend it wisely (I.e., stuff I will actually use).

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #3092 on: December 23, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
If you extra FSA money, get out there and spend it!  You can buy OTC drugs with it, but most of them require you have a prescription.

I am trying to spend my excess FSA money, but spend it wisely (I.e., stuff I will actually use).

Does that roll over? Or expire @ the new year? I’ve thought about starting one given my propensity for Doctors
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3093 on: December 23, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »

Does that roll over? Or expire @ the new year? I’ve thought about starting one given my propensity for Doctors
The government allows $500 to roll over per year, and so does my FSA management company (payflex).

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3094 on: December 23, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »

The government allows $500 to roll over per year, and so does my FSA management company (payflex).

My understanding is it doesn't actually rollover.  It can be used after the end of the year but only for expenses incurred during the year they were withheld for. It's a use it or lose it deal so finding ways to use it is smart Clark.  Even back to January, missed submissions you paid out of pocket can be submitted. We have a dedicated debit card that makes it very easy to manage. Maybe everybody does?

"No. According to the IRS ruling, “The carryover of up to $500 may be used to pay or reimburse medical expenses under the health FSA incurred during the entire plan year to which it is carried over.”

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3095 on: December 23, 2017, 02:59:16 PM »

My understanding is it doesn't actually rollover.  It can be used after the end of the year but only for expenses incurred during the year they were withheld for. It's a use it or lose it deal so finding ways to use it is smart Clark.  Even back to January, missed submissions you paid out of pocket can be submitted. We have a dedicated debit card that makes it very easy to manage. Maybe everybody does?

"No. According to the IRS ruling, “The carryover of up to $500 may be used to pay or reimburse medical expenses under the health FSA incurred during the entire plan year to which it is carried over.”

My understanding as well.

My FSA has a debit card option.  I’ve used it in the past. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM