BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177352 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3192 on: February 05, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
Hanging out at Braselton hospital while wife gets new hip install. She's had A hell of a time so hope this finally fixes it.

Hope all goes well Randy!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3193 on: February 05, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »
Hanging out at Braselton hospital while wife gets new hip install. She's had A hell of a time so hope this finally fixes it.
The great news is she was in good with health to get the surgery!  I hope the surgery and rehab go well. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #3194 on: February 05, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
I got back from Texas this past weekend, put my mom in an independent living facility.  it allows her to stay in the same facility when she needs assistance and then when she goes to full care.  she cant affored it so im footing some of the bill.    its my mom, lady raised me, wiped my ass, and has been good to me so its well worth the extra $.   she gets 3 meals a day, plus snacks, coffee soda's.  she has a small 1 bed room, living room, her own balcokeny so she can look at the river in the mornings drinking her coffee.  she has a full kitchen (if she wants to cook), transportation to any/all Dr. visits, and any place else she wants to go within a 3hr drive.  anything over an hour they need advanced notice.  all kinds of activities.    she gets a panic button to wear, plus each room and the bathroom have panic buttons.  someone comes and cleans 2 times a week, and changes her sheets.  heck. i would live there.  anyway.. in the apt. she is in she has fallen 5 times and never called anyone.  didnt have her phone.   the last time she layed 3hr till someone walking by heard her yelling and called 911.   did'nt plan on doing it when i went but took some encouraging but she seems to like the place, and is excited about moving.  its about 5 min from where she is now. so she keeps her doctors etc.   friends...  hopefully this will be a better place for her.   im exhausted and broke.  yet again.  pretty sure my kids will just give me a back pack and point me to the woods and say.  good luck.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3195 on: February 05, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »
I got back from Texas this past weekend, put my mom in an independent living facility.  it allows her to stay in the same facility when she needs assistance and then when she goes to full care.  she cant affored it so im footing some of the bill.    its my mom, lady raised me, wiped my ass, and has been good to me so its well worth the extra $.   she gets 3 meals a day, plus snacks, coffee soda's.  she has a small 1 bed room, living room, her own balcokeny so she can look at the river in the mornings drinking her coffee.  she has a full kitchen (if she wants to cook), transportation to any/all Dr. visits, and any place else she wants to go within a 3hr drive.  anything over an hour they need advanced notice.  all kinds of activities.    she gets a panic button to wear, plus each room and the bathroom have panic buttons.  someone comes and cleans 2 times a week, and changes her sheets.  heck. i would live there.  anyway.. in the apt. she is in she has fallen 5 times and never called anyone.  didnt have her phone.   the last time she layed 3hr till someone walking by heard her yelling and called 911.   did'nt plan on doing it when i went but took some encouraging but she seems to like the place, and is excited about moving.  its about 5 min from where she is now. so she keeps her doctors etc.   friends...  hopefully this will be a better place for her.   im exhausted and broke.  yet again.  pretty sure my kids will just give me a back pack and point me to the woods and say.  good luck.

It eventually will happen to us all. Hope it works out well for her!
I've grown tired of this.

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3196 on: February 05, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
I can empathize Kent.  We just went through a similar scenario with Joanne's parents.  They were living in FL with no family near them and they are in their mid-80's and their health is declining.  The decision was reached that they needed to be near family and long story short, we found them an apartment at a new facility here in Johns Creek.  It's been stressful on our home life as we got them settled and it seems like there is always something that comes up each week.  It's comforting to know they have help available on site should they need it.  Hang in there with your Mom.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
« Reply #3197 on: February 05, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
We thank you very much.. Doc said surgery went super good! She's in a room.  Hopefully On the road to full recovery
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3198 on: February 05, 2018, 03:08:30 PM »
I can empathize Kent.  We just went through a similar scenario with Joanne's parents.  They were living in FL with no family near them and they are in their mid-80's and their health is declining.  The decision was reached that they needed to be near family and long story short, we found them an apartment at a new facility here in Johns Creek.  It's been stressful on our home life as we got them settled and it seems like there is always something that comes up each week.  It's comforting to know they have help available on site should they need it.  Hang in there with your Mom.
Parents getting older is tough. I’ve seen it with my dad especially over the last few years. He recently found out that his prostate cancer is in his lymph nodes so he is doing hormone therapy for that now. He still works every day though and I feel like that helps him stay sharp mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #3199 on: February 05, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
Hope she recovers quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3200 on: February 05, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »
I did something similar, but it sounds like Kent's mom has better stuff than mine.  My mom is not adjusting well.  I'm not having to come out of pocket, yet, for living but if my mom lives 5 more years, I'll start carrying some of the costs...and shorter if she goes to memory care.  I currently pick up a few hundred dollars a month in supplies and such.

You can't imagine the costs until you start to research it, then it'll blow you away.

Kent's mom is lucky she raised a good boy with a good job.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3201 on: February 07, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »
Pretty cool product.

https://owlcam.com/

/>
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3202 on: February 15, 2018, 06:16:38 PM »

80s? Get ready to drag some diffs.

Thats what i said. Hes only found 1 company that even makes an aftermarket diff cover, and ballistic quit making shave kits since they only ever sold like 2 of them. I wonder how much lower they are than a 14b?

What’s the ring gear size in that 80?
11.5"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Most 14b’s are 10.5 right?  I think some of the newer ones are 11.5. 

That’s a big chunk

From what I understand, 14s are 10.5, newer sterling's are 10.5, and older sterling's are 10.25. Didn't know newer 14s were also 11.5, but either way, it's a yuge bitch. I'll get more pics once they're final welded and under the jeep

Few pics. It moves, he says he still has a few odds and ends before it's streetable

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3203 on: February 15, 2018, 07:33:14 PM »
Awesome looking!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK