BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50978 times)

BigJerm

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #528 on: March 20, 2009, 08:19:15 AM »
Well I decided to skip weights yesterday due to the nice weather so Megan and I did a medium pace walk 3.5 miles with the dog. Weights today, mountain bike tomorrow.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #529 on: March 20, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
Hit bis and tris last night. Have to work the Y tonight so if it is slow tonight I will be hitting chest and tris. I weighed myself yesterday when I came in and the trip did a number on me. 206! I gained 4lbs from the break for work. We ate beef everynight and had a few beers. Man, it was good though!! {letseat}
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #530 on: March 20, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
had to pull the wuss card and bail on weight today. Today at random my neck started to hurt. Not like a sore pain but how your neck would feel if you slept funny and you cant move it to one side... yeah that crap. I have been stretching, heat, and all the other normal things you can do. Hopefully its better by morning so I can ride the bike!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2009, 06:52:57 AM »
I hate it when that happens! I usually get that when I have to much to drink and all asleep on the couch {toast}

Anyway, I broke down yesterday and joined LA Fitness, the little club shack at the apartment complex just wasn't cutting it. We get to meet with a trainer today to get analyzed, this ought to be exciting.

Hope you get felling better Jeremy!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 12:04:40 PM by ChuckieB »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #532 on: March 21, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
I feel ya on the crappy apartment complex gym Chuck. Ours is the same so we joined the corporate gym for my work.

The neck is still crap. Cant even hold it up to see when sitting on bike..  >:( I have done the hot showers, hot towel around the neck, heating pad all with stretching once in awhile but it's no better than yesterday. It wouldnt suck so bad if it happened from sleeping but seriously I sat down at my desk yesterday around 2 and suddenly my neck was stiff and hurt to turn/tilt me head to the left.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #533 on: March 21, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
There you go Jerm, disability claim and treatment from the company piggy bank!! ;D Not much here today. We worked but didn't leave the compound. We were QRF(quick reaction force). Basically sit around with your thumb up your ass!!! {boohoo} Did all body weight stuff today. 150 pushups, 600 crunches,100 pullups and 21's for bi's. Than and easy 5K. Didn't get to the bike. Kind of tired after all this stuff.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #534 on: March 21, 2009, 12:06:41 PM »
I feel ya on the crappy apartment complex gym Chuck. Ours is the same so we joined the corporate gym for my work.

The neck is still crap. Cant even hold it up to see when sitting on bike..  >:( I have done the hot showers, hot towel around the neck, heating pad all with stretching once in awhile but it's no better than yesterday. It wouldnt suck so bad if it happened from sleeping but seriously I sat down at my desk yesterday around 2 and suddenly my neck was stiff and hurt to turn/tilt me head to the left.

Also try some Ibuprofen!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #535 on: March 21, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »
Went to visit the trainer today and this guy kicked our butts. We worked on legs today for 30 minutes, didn't touch a single weight and my legs our going to hurt like hell tomorrow. I can already tell.
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #536 on: March 22, 2009, 12:25:40 AM »
alright boys we know we need protein to build muscles and one of the best ways to lose weight is to take in less calories, more protein.

So I have 2 protein shakes. 1 is 20g protein, 130 calories with 25 from fat and the other is 60g protein, 280 calories with 10 from fat. Which one should be taken mid day like 10 a.m. and which one after workout? I assume the 60g protein should be after the workout but just wanted to check.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #537 on: March 22, 2009, 10:03:11 AM »
alright boys we know we need protein to build muscles and one of the best ways to lose weight is to take in less calories, more protein.

So I have 2 protein shakes. 1 is 20g protein, 130 calories with 25 from fat and the other is 60g protein, 280 calories with 10 from fat. Which one should be taken mid day like 10 a.m. and which one after workout? I assume the 60g protein should be after the workout but just wanted to check.

Jeremy,

The only answer is you will probably have to experiment and see what works best for you! You also need to look at your daily intake on calories, protein and carbs to see which one fits in better.

For example I use Syntha-6 which has 200 cal, 54 from fat per serving and 22g of protein. I take two servings as a mid-morning snack and usually take two servings after working out. The fat that's in the protein drinks usually is the type of fat that your body will burn quickly and not store. Even with this I lost 5 pounds last week!
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #538 on: March 22, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »
The general rule for protien consumption/absorption is 1.5-2.0 grams per pound of body weight. This will keep you from being hungry, cuts cravings and keeps higher levels of nitrogen in your muscles. You should take a minimum of 3 shakes in a day. Right when you wake up, post workout and just before bed. I drink 4-6 a day and actually cut to 4 shakes when trying to drop weight. If your working out hard, this much protien will do nothing but help you. If your drinking shakes and sitting on a couch your wrong! You will put on spare tire weight if your not burning the extra calories. BSN is good stuff, but I feel whey is whey and casein is casein. Whey burns super fast in your system where as casein stays with you longer. Clear as mud? No gym today for me.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #539 on: March 22, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »
Glen,

When you say 1.5 to 2g per pound of body weight, if one is trying to lose weight this number should be based on the goal weight right? For example my target is 190 pounds and I actually use 1g per pound so my daily intake should be 190g of protein per day, I have my whole calorie intake based on my goal weight! By using 1g of protein per pound, 2 carbs per pound and .4g fat per pound based on 190 pounds this give me a calorie intake of 2964 per day. Does this make sense? For those wondering:

1g protien = 4 Calories
2g Carbs = 4 Calories
.4g Fat = 9 calories

When you look at it this way you can easily see how damaging fat is calorie wise!

Multiply your ideal weight per grams then multiply that number by the number of calories and this will give you a rough idea of what your intake should be. Of course you may need to make adjustments as you go along depending on how things are going.
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM