BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 51007 times)

BigJerm

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #792 on: January 17, 2010, 10:39:05 PM »
Iron Gym.

What's y'alls opinions on it?

I got it, use it some, it has not broke yet and I am 250 lbs so I say its good. About $30 I think from GNC months ago.

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #793 on: January 18, 2010, 12:20:05 AM »
Iron Gym.

What's y'alls opinions on it?

I got it, use it some, it has not broke yet and I am 250 lbs so I say its good. About $30 I think from GNC months ago.

Well I bought one tonight for $19.  It's the Gold's Gym Version.

It holds up good from the test I gave it.  Hopefully it'll last awhile.

Surprisingly, it came with the tools you need to put it together.  Also came with a poster and a website with videos.

I had a question about a drink mix I saw while I was looking, I think it what called wheat.  Is that something I need to look into as well?  Or just a good balanced diet?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:22:05 AM by TedderX »
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

ghostdancer308

« Reply #794 on: January 18, 2010, 02:42:34 AM »
save up some money and get with a personal trainer 2-3 times a week. It will help!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #795 on: January 18, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »
one of the biggest things that helped me drop weight was ruckin... putting weight on your back and go walkin... start at 2miles and work your way up.. 2miles x2/week/2weeks and move it up a mile after each of the 2weeks.. when you get to 12 miles.. and under 4hrs with about 35lbs... you will see the fat burn off... i think i will start doing that.. again...

BigJerm

« Reply #796 on: January 18, 2010, 09:58:26 AM »
one of the biggest things that helped me drop weight was ruckin... putting weight on your back and go walkin... start at 2miles and work your way up.. 2miles x2/week/2weeks and move it up a mile after each of the 2weeks.. when you get to 12 miles.. and under 4hrs with about 35lbs... you will see the fat burn off... i think i will start doing that.. again...

I can agree on this. I lost more weight after getting my job as a deputy. THe only change from my last job is I do a lot more walking inside the jail but I do it with lots of gear on.

Tedder. Some of us in here take supplements and such but the biggest thing is a correct diet. You will see the most results from the kitchen. Its all things we have learned growing up, 6 meals a day, more protein, fruits, veggies, complex carbs like rice and pasta.

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #797 on: January 19, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »
I just bit the bullet and did just that..........
Time will tell if was worth is but right now ya gotta think...what would be the value of any amount of money if your sick or dead due to the lack of self care.... 
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

Offline Adams77

• Visitor
  • Flatheads Rock
« Reply #798 on: January 22, 2010, 08:10:42 AM »
Eat less + More physical activity

One of the biggest tools I found was http://caloriecount.about.com

I had no idea I was consuming around 1000 calories too much during the normal day!

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #799 on: January 25, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »
I found that behavior modification is a key!
Eating chips?...fine, take a few out and put them in a bowl...eating them out of the bag is a NONO!
I figure it's time to stop beeping when I back up so I need to take my own advise!
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #800 on: January 25, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
Only took off the days I traveled, so back at it this morning. Ran 1.5 miles at easy 7:30 pace, did back and shoulders....it hurt! Must be all the beer.... {ehm}

Offline wtheonew

• Visitor
« Reply #801 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
did back and shoulders....it hurt! Must be all the beer.... {ehm}

I feel that.  Feels good to be hitting the gym on a regular basis again but my shoulders aren't liking it quite yet and my lower back has sucked on and off since I pulled something 5-6 years ago...

BigJerm

« Reply #802 on: January 25, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
Today I went easy, situps, pushups, pullups. Stomach is messed up for some reason but I am sure I will be back at it full speed tomorrow  {toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #803 on: January 26, 2010, 03:09:34 PM »
wow cold weather running sucks! I did a lap around the neighborhood (less than .5 miles) and then 5 sprints up my driveway and I felt like my lungs were on FIRE

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM