BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wanna save money on gas, and get more power?  (Read 2902 times)

gatradmin

Re: Wanna save money on gas, and get more power?
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
Jeff, you've lost your mind.  I have built and modded cars for years, very fast cars......and a couple of very fast LS1's.  180rwhp with an ignition kit, filter, gapped plugs and fuel catalyst?   Put the crack pipe down or I am gonna smack you!

Again, put that crack pipe down.   ;D

What year mustangs?

Chris Hyde

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 02:19:32 PM »
1993 302 coupe with Bennett Racing Heads, Cam and S-trim on 14lbs of boost.  Made 515rwhp
2001 2 valve GT w/intake/exhaust S-trim, intercooler on 156 lbs of boost, made almost 414rwhp
1999 Cobra, described above.  Made 588rwhp
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:35:14 PM by Chris Hyde »

Offline CJ

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
And EPA means Environmental Protection Agency.

The EPA is who rates automobiles for fuel economy.

They've just recently changed their rating method to reflect more real-world numbers and the manufacturers aren't happy about it.

Here, a brand new Dodge Charger loses 2 mpg across the board.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorCompareSideBySide.jsp?column=1&id=23610

That's a big hit.
1990 Bronco
2000 Super Duty 4x4
2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD

goodraven

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »
And EPA means Environmental Protection Agency.

The EPA is who rates automobiles for fuel economy.

They've just recently changed their rating method to reflect more real-world numbers and the manufacturers aren't happy about it.

Here, a brand new Dodge Charger loses 2 mpg across the board.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorCompareSideBySide.jsp?column=1&id=23610

That's a big hit.

Those numbers are more real world.  I looked up my vehicles on there and their estimates were right on for my ranger, and about 1 mpg less than we are getting in my wifes tribeca.

Daniel

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 06:33:39 PM »
Well, I'd imagine that mine is probably about the same as your's Mike.  Maybe a little better, those K&N intakes are supposed to give you a little better gas mileage.  I'm sure it's nothing spectacular. 

Rubidozer

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 12:06:09 AM »
Jeff, you've lost your mind.  I have built and modded cars for years, very fast cars......and a couple of very fast LS1's.  180rwhp with an ignition kit, filter, gapped plugs and fuel catalyst?   Put the crack pipe down or I am gonna smack you!

A.  A big spark ignition is useless unless you are blowing out spark via forced induction.  I have owned 3 supercharged Mustangs that made over 500rwhp and a turbo'd 99 Cobra that made almost 600rwhp and none of them yielded spark blow by.

B.  A free flowing air intake (ie: K&N, Air Raid, AEM, etc) on an N/A LS1 will only yield about 5-8rwhp max.....unless your already hosing, running and SC or Turbo on an OEM paper filter, then it would yield a larger gain due to the restriction it has been causing.

C.  .075 gap increasing power?  Run that much gap with any power adder and  you have had a nad day.

Again, put that crack pipe down.   ;D

Hey Cooter!
I only ran at 420 HP at the rear wheels, but we got 490 on the stand. My intake was huge, with two of the biggest K&N filters ever and was custom made with 3.5" aluminum pipe taped with heat-tape and run out through the fenders and onto the hood for the coldest air. I also forgot that I was running a 180 degree thermostat, the heads from my 305, and the stock exhaust manifolds from my 305. That may sound crazy, but when we applied ceramic coatings to the inside and outside, it made way more horsepower than we originally expected. I also ran a custom exhaust with the cat removed.
And I'm not smoking crack. That thing was incredible! Alot of people thought I was full-o-bull, until they saw it and saw the things it could do. You don't have to use superchargers or turbos or nitrous to get big HP gains. It's a combustion engine; The more complete that you can burn your gas and air mixtur, the better.
Did you know that air is more ignitable than gas under the proper conditions? Hell, you can pump gas into your car and smoke a cigarette or light a match, and it won't ignite. But if you were within 10 feet of pure oxygen, it would ignite. I think you're too young to be so stuck in the thoughts that only certain things are possible, and that if you can't understand it then it must not be possible. Come on, even ugly chicks get lovin' but you wouldn't think it was possible when you see them...

steven

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 12:29:10 AM »
A guy I work with has been going to seminars and paying money for some kind of fuel pills that supposedly raise your mileage.... he put some in his company truck and he said it started making a noise like a rod was knocking and was blowing black smoke out of the pipes ( a diesel) haha

cablerep79

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 01:57:38 AM »
Here's how your buddy Rubidozer treats his "friends":

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8303

And to think I actually wanted to drive over and meet you.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 07:25:25 AM »
1993 302 coupe with Bennett Racing Heads, Cam and S-trim on 14lbs of boost.
2001 2 valve GT w/intake/exhaust S-trim on 16 lbs of boost.
1999 Cobra, described above.

Nice, I didnt figure you for a mustang guy. Plans on having anymore?

Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

steven

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 08:09:45 AM »
Here's how your buddy Rubidozer treats his "friends":

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8303

And to think I actually wanted to drive over and meet you.
Maybe he didn't handle it right, but did anybody else? You resorted to name calling just as quick as he did.... just chill out man it's all good.

Offline ThaKingxj

• Visitor
  • I am Thompson King...
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »
if i felt strongly about something and people smashed it then started smashing me.... i would have dont the same thing. i have nothing wrong with him at all.  ;)
i dont get stuck... i just let the jeep rest for a while

cablerep79

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 10:34:59 AM »
Nobody had cast any disparaging remarks at him at all.  He is/was a well respected long time member of the forums will hundreds of good posts.  Now imagine this, all of these guys have a first-year new model vehicle and have been posting ideas back and forth about how to squeeze more hp/torque out of their new jeeps and he's been an active participant.  You think he just sat back for months sitting on this magic device that turns a V6 into a V12?  If you believe this will do as advertised, go ahead my friend and use it on your vehicle.  Nobody said anything worthy of him calling everyone faggots and know-nothings.  It may just be me, but that's along the same lines as Don Imus' "nappy headed ho" comment or worse....especially in a forum where people are looking up to him as being a respected, senior, knowledgable member. 

I would think if I had a magic device that worked miracles, I would have mentioned it MONTHS earlier.  If he felt SO STRONGLY about how good this thing is, post a write up and give some solid #'s.  Until then, I'm going by what my nose says and it says something smells like BS.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM