BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wanna save money on gas, and get more power?  (Read 2900 times)

Rubidozer

Wanna save money on gas, and get more power?
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:13:15 PM »
If you are interested, I can tell you how to use 87 octane and it will act just like 93 octane. You will also get a boost to your Gas-mileage, Horsepower, and Torque. Plus, your oil will stay cleaner longer, you won't have to change your sparkplugs, and it will keep your injectors and combustion-chambers clean.... Oh, and it will also reduce your emissions by something like 20%....
Here's the website: www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com

This thing is not hype, like the Tornado or the Fuel-magnets.... NASCAR and other race-groups have been using them for years.

steven

Re: Wanna save money on gas, and get more power?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 10:15:03 PM »
Spammer?

Offline CJ

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:15:30 AM »
Many of these "Magic" pellets that you put in your gas tank are basically moth balls.

Honestly, if there was a cheap, easily installed, risk-free method to increase power and gas mileage at the same time, why wouldn't GM, Ford, Toyota, etc be putting it in cars from the factory to increase their CAFE numbers and also drive up EPA numbers (and Sales numbers).

In these days of $3+ a gallon gas, if a manufacturer could get an additional 3 mpg on their vehicle at a reasonable cost/return investment, they'd be all over it.
1990 Bronco
2000 Super Duty 4x4
2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD

goodraven

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »
I think I've seen this on horsepower tv (SPIKETV) and it is supposedly legit.  I think it was AutoWeek, but they did testing on the tornado, something that looked like an electric blower to go on the intake and the fuel catalyst.  The fuel catalyst results showed the thing actually worked but all the other stuff was bogus.  There were also some articles on their website about a lot of companies in australia that put these on their fleet trucks.  I don't have one, but the principle does seem plausible.  (Basically it's supposed to allow a cleaner burn of the fuel you are using so you extract more energy per gallon rather than losing it in unburned byproducts)

steven

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 03:39:05 PM »
It's not going inside my motor, saving gas or not.

Offline CJ

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:03:13 PM »
Call the Mythbusters (and their very attractive assistant  :P) on this one.
1990 Bronco
2000 Super Duty 4x4
2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD

Rubidozer

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 09:28:06 PM »
I was trying to share what I found to be helpful. This thing is legit. I'm not some shadetree mechanic who doesn't know what he's talking about. I've been an ASE-certifed mechanic in Brakes, Steering, Suspension, and Alignment for almost 10 years. I've rebuilt countless different engines over that time and rebuilt transfer-cases and tachometers just to learn something different.
Anyway, I don't care if you give a crap or not. You just won't know what you could gain. I don't make money from these things, just wanted to pass along info on a great product.

The reason the Auto Manufacturers don't use them, is that they are about making money. They build cheap and bare minimum to pass regulations. And EPA means Environmental Protection Agency.

And it doesn't go inside of your engine. It's like an inline fuel filter, but it is made-up of an alloy mixture that stabilizes gas. This is what the refineries use to filter gas in order to make Indolene. That's the gas that the auto manufacturers use to give you mileage estimates. But real-world gas is full of crap and old by the time we get it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:38:45 PM by Rubidozer »

Chris Hyde

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 09:41:50 PM »
Do you have it installed on your "Boobicon"?

Rubidozer

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 09:56:04 PM »
I will be getting it within a few weeks. Got to pay some bills.
I've had it on other vehicles, and it works. I got 5mpg boost on my Tacoma and a lot of power. Way more power than an intake, muffler, and voltage coil upgrade with plugs gapped to the max. I tried different combinations to see what gave the most improvement, and this was it. I also used it on my '87 Chevy longbed with 36x14.50s and 6" lift with a 2001 LS1 crate motor. That thing was insanely powerful after installing the catalyst. Original Dyno was at 310 stock. After the catalyst, the dyno was 375. I ended-up installing Jacobs Off-road Ignition kit with it and a high-flow airfilter kit with my plugs gapped to .075, and with all that and the catalyst I was up around 490!

Chris Hyde

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:17 PM »
Jeff, you've lost your mind.  I have modded cars for years, several very fast cars......and a couple of very fast LS1's.  180rwhp with an ignition kit, filter, gapped plugs and fuel catalyst?   Put the crack pipe down or I am gonna smack you!

A.  A big spark ignition is useless unless you are blowing out spark via forced induction.  I have owned 3 supercharged Mustangs that made over near or over 500rwhp and a turbo'd 99 Cobra that made almost 600rwhp and none of them yielded spark blow by.

B.  A free flowing air intake (ie: K&N, Air Raid, AEM, etc) on an N/A LS1 will only yield about 5-8rwhp max.....unless your already hosing, running and SC or Turbo on an OEM paper filter, then it would yield a larger gain due to the restriction it has been causing.

C.  .075 gap increasing power?  Run that much gap with any power adder and  you have had a nad day.

Again, put that crack pipe down.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:34:08 PM by Chris Hyde »

Chris Hyde

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 10:07:07 PM »
Spammer?

LOL!  Did you even look to see who the poster was Steven?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:09:25 PM by Chris Hyde »

steven

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 04:52:19 AM »
Yes   lol

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM