BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ride levels...teirs 1-3  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Ride levels...teirs 1-3
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 11:28:56 AM »
 {agree}
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »
I have a Tacoma on 31's but i don't have those locker things but i have a winch.....can i ride teir 3?
  :o , ok , this is getting silly, -- common sense guys, teir 3-  would you go through Rathole? , and i dont mean, "ill try to pull in" , and get stuff on the first rock  --- come on, im going to be rolling teir2 alot, jsut because its more people and more fun with friends, teir 3 will be with the big boys, and im sorry to say probly will be mainly 1 ton guys- ones who want to go out and hammer hard - slamming into sthit--- trails like 1410, ........... im on tons/40's/doubled/full hydro/and mosty hung over=---- and IMO- i still cant hang with what i would concider and real teir 3 - i dont care if you been crawling 40 years like Mark has, if your not built your not going to make it!

I have been though rathole many of times just not with the yota.  Again it was obviously a joke but i think that driving experience/ability is the biggest thing.  Sure, tons and 40+ tires are great but if the driver doesn't know what he is doing then it is pointless. Anyone can though tons under there junk but learning how to drive is a whole different ballgame. A well built jeep with dana 44's and a good driver can hang with just about anyone.  Just cant be afraid of body damage  {nln}.

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »
understood - not to be pointing the fingre @ you alex, i was just summing up the whole thread- and yes a rig with 44's could follow - but i generally think of tier 3 as being associated with atnea style buggies- IMO- i know , i joked around at the start of this thread would what tier i would fall in, but some are really questioning where they should be, and want to attend tier 3 rides and i dont blame them, those type of rigs are fun as hell to watch, but some should not even try to follow on those events, cause you and i and everyone else wuld agree, if i were to show up just to watch even with buggies rolling around, my Balls grow and i'd try somthing that i would otherwise question- "but man, that mildly-looking rig just crawled right up it, man my welded c-clipped D35 should have no problem!!" ..... {hihi} im just saying... Im not trying hurt anyones feelings or shun them away from going to a tier 3 ride to even watch- just dont do anything stupid/questionable that would cause everyone else riding to stop and help your(not implying anyone-God knows people will get their panties all in a wad if you think im personally attacking them) dumb a$$. my $.45

ghostdancer308

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
..I'll drop my own name...I need all the seat time I can get. Driving here is dangerous but not nearly as technical as crawling...Good point though...

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »
IMO, trying to offend anyone though- i still need seat time myself, its been like 4 months since my last ride.

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »
..I'll drop my own name...I need all the seat time I can get. Driving here is dangerous but not nearly as technical as crawling...Good point though...
yeah Glen, but the last time i saw you crawling behide jimmy (  {hihi} ) , you did damn well, nice, easy, slow and listined to your spotter- to be honest- i didn't thing your rig was going to make it up that near tiger trap- but the line was good, and you hardly slipped a tire.....  {toast}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 04:15:09 PM »
..yeah, I remember that one. My locker(rear) was not working...I would really like to see River Rock one more time before a final call on that place...you could use RR to demonstrate "Tiers" 1-3....That park would be perfect!! Wishful thinking I guess...

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »
I have said it before.... its the driver not the rig... u could have the badest buggie in the world but if u dont know how to driver/listen then ur a fool that doesnt need to be on the trail,,,, i am open open. And have made it up some trails others havent... i listen to my spotter and gave it hell when i needed to right jimmy,, lol, ,, so my penny thought here is this,,, it would have to based on the driver more then his rig... but at the same time common sense would have to play a part too...

MMjeep

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Mountainside is a great 1-3 tier park. At some places the differance may be 50 feet apart on the same rock wall. Make it up one slide over till the next one.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
Designating a park with different "tiers" would probably help dispel all the wonder. Sounds like a GATR learning seminar!!

Offline zukbilly

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure I ride level 3 95% of the time .  Guess what with .....a xj with a d30 up front and a 8.8 in the back with 36's .  I feel it's at least 75% driver and 25% rig . 

before anyone starts running me down the road ...i ride with (lt99ls1 , zukbilly , etc ) ok ..thats tons , 40's and a buggy on 42's .   

YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR RIG WILL DO AND HOW TO FIX IT ON THE TRAIL !  WITH PARTS TOOLS ON HAND !
{letseat} I just have a quick 2cents. I would say more by what you can fix on ur rig not sure about what tier I would be but I would look into the mechanical side. I dont care how good u can drive or how well your rig is built they all break and if you cant fix it yourself you will hold people up  {btt}

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
A lot of good comments.  It's really not that complicated. 

Most parks have all tiers.  It's not a park that is tier 1, 2 or 3.  It's a ride that is tier 1, 2 or 3.

We will have rides for everyone, just not always at the same time at the same park.  A Tier 3 ride will be for more capable rigs and drivers to enjoy a day or weekend of like sized rigs.  A good example might be a Tier 1 ride on Forest Service roads on the same weekend as a Tier 3 at Golden Mountain in TN. 

The CORE members comments are taken with high regard.  We are very serious about listening to the members and having rides that provide the biggest enjoyment, time on the trail, seat time, etc.

We want to have CORE members on all levels, stock Jeeps open/open, small builds with open/lockers, and highly modified rigs.  There will be rides for everyone, and if you just have to watch the Tier 3 guys and you rig is not ready, grab a seat, and HOLD ON!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM