BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ride levels...teirs 1-3  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Ride levels...teirs 1-3
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »
..I'll drop my own name...I need all the seat time I can get. Driving here is dangerous but not nearly as technical as crawling...Good point though...
yeah Glen, but the last time i saw you crawling behide jimmy (  {hihi} ) , you did damn well, nice, easy, slow and listined to your spotter- to be honest- i didn't thing your rig was going to make it up that near tiger trap- but the line was good, and you hardly slipped a tire.....  {toast}

Now that is what we are talking about! Taking a well built rig like Glenn's and making it do things you otherwise think are impossible. That is the entire point of this group. Tier 3 is not just buggy stuff man. I would say tier 3 would be for the guys who have good seat time and expierience and a well built rig. Now my little jeep is not hardcore by any means but you can do amazing things with some serious seat time and listening. Heck, Glenn has come along way since this...

/> :D

I have been to quite a few parks and have done some crazy crap in my little jeep and have come out almost unscathed each time. It is more driver expierience than the rig. Tier 3 is not something to be afraid of. And as far as listening to your spotter goes, it is your rig, your $ and if you think there is a better line, go for it (within reason). This was Doug and I at Moab 2 years ago (newbs ;D) Doug chose the spotters line, I chose my own. Nothing against doug in anyway. Just trying to prove my point of seat time and being able to choose your own way! Doug, he did put you in a BAD line! ;)

/>
I will be on tier 3 rides with my 30, 35 on 33's. Don't be skeered! ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:05:52 PM by Krawler00 »
I've grown tired of this.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 01:45:12 PM »
awe man!! throw me under the bus!!! I can hear the wife trash talking in the background!!!LOL!!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
 :D no, not throwing you under man. Showing the progression. You were a greenie on that trip! That was a tier 3 ride for sure. Now look were you're at.  {toast}

mdo817

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
:D no, not throwing you under man. Showing the progression. You were a greenie on that trip! That was a tier 3 ride for sure. Now look were you're at.  {toast}
Back to Tier 1 because he's not strong enough to turn his steering. Man up "G"  {hihi}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 02:24:29 PM »
man!! this is a tough crowd!!! {btt} Experience, vehicle ability to make repairs and get off the trail...is this what we are talking about? Just seems to deviate off topic...

mdo817

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »
man!! this is a tough crowd!!! {btt} Experience, vehicle ability to make repairs and get off the trail...is this what we are talking about? Just seems to deviate off topic...
{toast} Couldn't resist.
Experience
Driver ability
Vehicle ability
Being able to get you're broken rig off the trail
Would all play a part.

Right now I'm struggling between Tier 2 and 3 myself, even with the upgraded front, I still have axle wrap that kills the rear pinion yoke, yes I know how to fix it, just been putting it off thinking that I'm almost done with ole red.

BigJerm

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »
Tier 1 right here  {toast}

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
Tier 1 right here  {toast}

and 2.

;)
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 03:43:13 PM »
choice C... all of the above  ;D

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 04:03:15 PM »
A lot of good comments.  It's really not that complicated. 

Most parks have all tiers.  It's not a park that is tier 1, 2 or 3.  It's a ride that is tier 1, 2 or 3.

We will have rides for everyone, just not always at the same time at the same park.  A Tier 3 ride will be for more capable rigs and drivers to enjoy a day or weekend of like sized rigs.  A good example might be a Tier 1 ride on Forest Service roads on the same weekend as a Tier 3 at Golden Mountain in TN. 

The CORE members comments are taken with high regard.  We are very serious about listening to the members and having rides that provide the biggest enjoyment, time on the trail, seat time, etc.

We want to have CORE members on all levels, stock Jeeps open/open, small builds with open/lockers, and highly modified rigs.  There will be rides for everyone, and if you just have to watch the Tier 3 guys and you rig is not ready, grab a seat, and HOLD ON!
I really like this, this alone could really help change this club!  {salute}

ranger11

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
It was in small text except Ryan.
A lot of good comments.  It's really not that complicated. 

Most parks have all tiers.  It's not a park that is tier 1, 2 or 3.  It's a ride that is tier 1, 2 or 3.

We will have rides for everyone, just not always at the same time at the same park.  A Tier 3 ride will be for more capable rigs and drivers to enjoy a day or weekend of like sized rigs.  A good example might be a Tier 1 ride on Forest Service roads on the same weekend as a Tier 3 at Golden Mountain in TN. 

The CORE members comments are taken with high regard EXCEPT RYAN.  We are very serious about listening to the members and having rides that provide the biggest enjoyment, time on the trail, seat time, etc.

We want to have CORE members on all levels, stock Jeeps open/open, small builds with open/lockers, and highly modified rigs.  There will be rides for everyone, and if you just have to watch the Tier 3 guys and you rig is not ready, grab a seat, and HOLD ON!
I really like this, this alone could really help change this club!  {salute}

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 04:13:47 PM »
 {ehm}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM