BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 51711 times)

urdaddyjeep

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »
AFganAstain.... when you get there make sure you are up by Bargram cause i own a house or 2.. been there a few times said he double hockey sticks and bought a house or 2... ;D ;D ;D but i know that AO very well

ghostdancer308

« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2009, 09:07:44 AM »
Yeah, I put some milage in Astan myself. We will see what happens.  {btt}Legs today. All high rep stuff than 500yds worth of sprints. Gonna be hurting tomorrow!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2009, 09:40:01 AM »
I hate workin legs! I used to hurt for over a week straight back in the day. Could hardly walk! I kinda miss those days... and my old legs!
I've grown tired of this.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2009, 10:03:05 AM »
I know what you mean. I do just a few lunges and presses and that cramp feeling is with me for 48hrs. I can run and swim and have no issues. WTF?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2009, 10:08:21 AM »
I never did get into squats. Leg presses with very heavy weight, lunges with 50lb bells around the gym and extensions. Just 3 excersises but man, that pain was ridiculous! I remember trying to go up a flight of stairs feeling like I was being stabbed! My arms have just now gotten to where I can straighten them out without hurting. It has been a week already! But I am just getting back into it. {letseat}
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »
Same here, even with proper stretching. I can run, swim and bike (not very far) and my legs are fine. Once I start weight training them I feel like I am one wrong move away from a huge cramp for 2 days

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »
i did 3 miles with the vest today.. my stomach got beat the hell up since i need to find the straps to hold it down while i run.. ;D 

ghostdancer308

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »
Balls! :( I guess you could take it to the stitch shop there on post and get a Blackhawk belt or cumberbun velcro set-up for it. I will look for those straps when I get in. My bust!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »
no biggie....just busting on u

BigJerm

« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2009, 07:49:26 PM »
wow it was so nice to get a real workout today. Didnt get the full workout as we ran out of time and I was kinda exploring and putting together a workout while having to also wait for some machines to come open. Kinda nice to do real bench press for once! Well Thursday I should have a nice workout set up.

ranger11

« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »

BigJerm

« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
Jerm do agree?
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/the-truth-about-wii-fit-and-weight-loss/1284826

I do and don't. I do agree that it is a novelty for most. Megan's mom got it, used it... say a week and gave it to us. Well for Christmas she got us a "new wii fit" that she kept as her own and we kept hers. Pretty sure they only use it as like a part gig style thing with the balance games and Wii Age. Now Megan and I used it for quite a while. Problem is there really isn’t much resistance. Like this would not be a good thing for someone well over weight to use long term. You could use it for a month or so to get your body back into working out shape but as a long term weight loss tool... I don't think so. It is great to tone you up and if you do not cheat the exercises you will still get a workout.

Like for instance, Megan and I used it for about a month and a half before we started hitting the weights. Following their stretches and yoga I am definitely more flexible now. My posture has gotten a lot better from their balance games and I saw improvement is the strength exercise.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM