BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50965 times)

mdo817

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2008, 11:41:34 PM »
Your telling me! I didn't do crap today. There was a sandstorm that blew in towards the end of the day. I spent all day turning in weapons, inventories and team stuff. I had time to workout but my mind is in Ga at this point! I will post up and keep the thread going when I get in! Thanks and Merry Christmas if you don't see me on here till after the 25th!

Don't worry man Tracy is warm.(LOL) Hurry back.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
Mark is going to  ~>}
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:38:06 AM by ChuckieB »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »
that was so wrong....... ;D

mdo817

« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »
that was so wrong....... ;D

I know man I shouldn't have sold you out!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2008, 05:35:00 AM »
I would never get mad at any of you!!LOL!!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2008, 09:34:04 AM »
You just get even right?
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2008, 10:45:08 PM »
ALRIGHT. Tomorrow Megan and I start working out. This isn't a New Years resolution joke workout. My overall goal for the next 2 weeks is to weigh 20 lbs less than I do (weigh in tomorrow). I know this is going to take some major work but I am ready for it.

Side note, GNC is having a pretty good sale going on right now!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2008, 09:15:28 AM »
BigJerm,

There's another store called The Vitamin shoppe that is usually cheaper than GNC. The problem with them is they don't have as many stores as GNC.

Good luck with the 20 pounds!

I have done nothing for week now, I still have this stupid cold hanging around. Today makes day 10 and I think it's finally starting to break up.
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2008, 11:38:13 AM »
thanks man! I downloaded a calorie tracker thing on my iPhone. I know you have to do more than just count calories but I have always thought it was a good idea to keep up with them. I entered everything that I eat for breakfast, lunch and snacks (i eat the same thing 5 days a week for those meals) and so far.... I can see why I have not been losing weight and I am slowly gaining it. First off, I guessed my weight around 270 (will confirm tonight) and to reach my target of 20 lbs by March 9th I need to lose 2 lbs a week. TO do this I need to consume 2,397 calories or less a day. Well once again with breakfast, lunch, and snacks I have already consumed 1,815 calories leaving only 582 left for dinner. Then here lately I have been eatting some candy, or maybe a piece of pie/cake so now I see how that piece could easily put me well over my target range.

I need to get back on the mountain bike. According to the program, the average mountain biker burns 960 calories per hour! Would explain why I lost weight when we started mountain bikes last summer.

Offline HammerG26

• Visitor
« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »
Remember - a pound of fat is 3600 calories.  So you have three options to lose weight:
1.  Consume less calories
2.  Consume the same amount of calories, but burn off more calories than you do now
3.  Consume less calories and burn off more calories than you do now.

Look for simple things - a can of coke is 140 calories (I used to consume 3 - 4 a day).  Now I drink water, so I am saving 420 - 560 calories a day, and I increase my metabolism (you would be surprised how much dehydration can limit your dieting effectiveness). 

Good luck with your weight loss goals... and keep us posted with your results.
Hammer
2007 Sahara Unlimited Steel Blue
Automatic, Tow Pkg, Freedom Top

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2009, 08:42:31 AM »
I have not done anything for a week now. I still have this dang cold hanging around. I will be back on the treadmill starting Monday though, cold or not!
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »
Thanks for the words. I am going with the slightly less calories is, more calories out plan. Really with my calorie counter I can eat my normal stuff for the most part and just cut out the useless snacking. Monday marks the official start of our 8 week goals and this week is more of a workout now because I need to week.

Another goal we have, to run the peachtree road race.... 5k baby. Anyone else want to run it? We can get a GATR group together

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM