BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50977 times)

ghostdancer308

Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #504 on: March 17, 2009, 02:02:08 PM »
Chuck- All I can say is if it comes down to a major health issue, use the doctor to set you up with a nutritionist and really watch your intake. Every little bit counts!! On the strength training side of things, I feel you can push a muscle to complete exhaustion in 20 minutes. I mean, arms for instance. You can only curl and do tri extentions so much and there really isn't that much more you can do for those muscle groups. You can vary the weight but other than that, I don't see going for an hour on a body part being beneficial. Just my 2 cents. On the cardio side now. Mine is way out in left field compared to what you should do. Just remember, LSD 1 time a week.(Long Slow Distance). And slow steady 20-30mins every other day, keeping it where you can have a conversation. The answers your going to get will vary on this one. I try to simulate combat stress during my cardio/weight training. Not applicable to what your shooting for. Something is always better than noting. Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop!! {salute}

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #505 on: March 17, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »
breakfest---banana
lunch--turkey wrap..no cheese.. with water..
dinner---chicken salad with salsa.. salsa is lower in fat and other crap then salad dressing..
snack---either banana or an orange..
in the morning we have Company PT in ACU's and doing a Company run.. why we doing it in ACU's who knows.. I thought warrior PT was something with LOGS, weapons PT, litter carry, or a ruck march but not here we run in ACUs so I can get chaffed on my legs.. wtf over...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #506 on: March 17, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »
Chuck- All I can say is if it comes down to a major health issue, use the doctor to set you up with a nutritionist and really watch your intake. Every little bit counts!! On the strength training side of things, I feel you can push a muscle to complete exhaustion in 20 minutes. I mean, arms for instance. You can only curl and do tri extentions so much and there really isn't that much more you can do for those muscle groups. You can vary the weight but other than that, I don't see going for an hour on a body part being beneficial. Just my 2 cents. On the cardio side now. Mine is way out in left field compared to what you should do. Just remember, LSD 1 time a week.(Long Slow Distance). And slow steady 20-30mins every other day, keeping it where you can have a conversation. The answers your going to get will vary on this one. I try to simulate combat stress during my cardio/weight training. Not applicable to what your shooting for. Something is always better than noting. Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop!! {salute}

X2! I am spent in 45 minutes, working 2 body parts at that! Back in today... shoulders! Man, I ate too much on my trip.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #507 on: March 17, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »
So 20 - 30 minutes on weights and 30 minutes on the treadmill it is, for now!!!!!!

Thanks!

Oh yea, ghost, did you make your reservation at the LaQuinta yet (Jeep Beach)?
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #508 on: March 17, 2009, 04:48:18 PM »
I work chest/tris and do one chest excercise 3 sets, then do bis, 3 sets. Typically 3-4 excercises per group within 45 minutes. Abs, everyday.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #509 on: March 17, 2009, 08:53:16 PM »
Well, tonight I did tri's, bi's, chest! For chest I did the incline bench press, front lateral pull downs and a fly machine. I did 3 sets of 10 on each one and thenfinished by doing 30 minutes on the treadmill, which I only got in 2 miles.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #510 on: March 17, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »
I am new to this thread but I started P90X on Sat ( I know Glen you think its crap) but with my schedule it work perfectly.
All i can say is HOLY HELL i have never hurt this bad in my life. The plyometrics alone kicked my azz. I am not changing my diet
only dismissing Alcohol for this time period (excluding MOAB)
Don't know what I got anymore...

ghostdancer308

« Reply #511 on: March 18, 2009, 12:45:58 AM »
Adam, P90X is good for a basic starting point. It will show you how to diet and get cut along with a structured plan. For me, I need more heavy, powerlifting type program along with the cardio. I have done programs similar and I do know that P90X does work. Chuck, I will PM you about Jeep Beach. {salute}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #512 on: March 18, 2009, 07:23:21 AM »
Welcome Adam,

Keep us posted on your progress!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2009, 11:20:30 AM »
Cool Adam! Let me know the progress. I have been thinking about doing that.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
Arms and 600 crunches. {salute}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »
Oh yea, I did lose 1 pound last week ::)
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM